Chapter Fourty-Seven

Sam and Dean stood in the sheriffs department, both looking as nervous as ever

Sam and Dean stood in the sheriffs department, both looking as nervous as ever. "You don't think it was the phantom, do you? I mean— maybe she just wandered off—"

"Dean. She went out two minutes before I did. There's no way she could disappear that fast." Sam spoke in a hushed voice, Dean nodding slowly as he only started to panic more. It had been several hours, and they hadn't found her anywhere.

"One of us should have gone out with her." Dean commented under his breath, running a hand through his hair. "Dammit."

"Dean. This isn't either of our faults. Jenny will be fine. She can handle herself. She— She'll be okay."

"Alright." A deputy walked over to the brothers, soft smile on her face. The two held up their fake ID's to her. "What can I do for you Officer Washington and... Rogers?"

"We're working a missing persons." Dean spoke in a rushed tone, pocketing his ID.

"Didn't know the Jenkins case was being covered by the state police." She chuckled, and Sam shook his head.

"Uh no, actually. There's someone else. My partner's girlfriend. We went out last night to a local bar... Haven't seen her since." Sam said as the deputy nodded.

"Does your girlfriend have a drinking problem?" She asked, and Dean hummed, nodding.

"Well... She's getting better about it. Had two shots but— Jen wasn't drunk. She was taken." Kathleen nodded, sitting down at her computer. Sam and Dean sat down in front as she typed away.

"Alright. What's her name?"

"Jennifer— Jennifer Price." Sam answered, looking to see Dean fumbling with the arm of his chair.

"Like the archaeologist?" Sam and Dean frowned in confusion before nodding.

"Uh... Yeah. Like the archaeologist." Kathleen went back to typing into her computer, humming.

"I see her parents died when she was pretty young. Tough way to go, too. Says she lives with a uh— Robert Singer?" Dean nodded. "And her brother, Nathaniel—"

"Brother?" Sam and Dean interrupted her, and Kathleen gave them a weird look.

"Yes? Looks like he went missing 'bout a decade ago." The two brothers shared a look, and Kathleen looked at them again. "You two boys working his case as well?"

"No— no uh— We weren't aware he disappeared." Sam said, the frown still on his face.

"Uh-huh." Kathleen typed something else into her computer and shrugged. "Well, he's not showing up in any current field reports."

"Oh, we already have a lead. I saw a surveillance camera by the highway." Dean spoke up, Sam glancing over at his brother.

"Uh-huh. The county traffic cam?"