Chapter One

Now - October 2nd, 2005

Jenny Price sat at the bar with a beer in her hand, running a finger in circles on the top, a blank expression on her face. She inhaled sharply, taking a sip of her beer as she waited for the inevitable.

A new case, maybe. A death. Death itself. She never really knew what to expect.

"Jenny!" The raven-haired woman turned her head to see Dean Winchester running into the bar, his eyes catching one of the strippers dancing on the pole, a flirty look crossing his face before he continued his walk to his friend. "Dad's gone. Motel was empty when I got there."

"Great. Gives me time to check out the hot tub by the motel." Jenny grabbed her beer and continued to down the rest, Dean frowning in confusion.

"Wait wait— Are you drunk?" He grabbed the woman's shoulders, forcing the stool to spin and face him. Jenny stared up at Dean, shaking her head.

"No. Well... Maybe. I had like... Three shots of whatever their special is." Dean sighed softly, Jenny standing up. "I'm fine. Just uhhh... Little tipsy." She smiled with a soft giggle. "I'll be fine. John'll be fine. I'm sure he just went to grab food for the road."

"Uh, no, actually." Dean pulled out an envelope, Jenny's name written on it. The girl frowned, taking it as Dean guided her out of the bar.

"Did you get one?" She asked, looking up at Dean, who shook his head. "Wow. Day by day he becomes more of a dick." She laughed, Dean frowning at her.

"Alright let's not get into my dad's poor fatherly choices. Just... Read the damn note." Dean opened the car door for Jenny, who plopped down into the passenger seat, confusion on her face.

The raven haired woman ripped the envelope open, pulling out the short letter from the man she had practically known her whole life.

Jenny's eyes widened as she read the note, quickly turning to Dean, who had a suspicious look on his face.

"What's it say?" He asked as he started up the Impala, continuing to look at the girl before starting to drive away from the bar. Jenny crumpled the letter up, and shook her head.

"Cheesy stuff. Told me to take care of you. He went out on a case." She chuckled nervously as Dean frowned.

"A case? He would have told us, wouldn't he?" Jenny looked out the window for a second, wondering why John would tell her something like that.

"Well, he's your dad. He doesn't tell us much." Dean nodded in agreement as the sky darkened, the sun dropping below the horizon as the moon started to light up the night.

"Right. Want to grab some grub before we start looking for this case he's on?" Dean asked, his eyes flickering over to the passenger as Jenny nodded softly.

"Sure. We're splitting the pie."

"Buy your own damn pie." Jenny let out a short laugh as Dean shook his head, a smirk on his face.

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Jenny stared at the crumbled note on the table, gripping her mug as she held an intense glare, silently hoping the note would burst into flames if she stared long enough.

"You sure that's all the note said?" Dean asked, laying down on the motel bed. Jenny turned to him, seeing how relaxed he was and prayed he stayed that way forever.

"Yep... That's all it said. He should be back soon... I uh.. I wouldn't worry." She spoke, mumbling the last part as she sipped on her coffee. "Did you find the case?"

"I've been sleeping all day, Jen. You've been staring at the paper since yesterday." Dean sat up with a groan, rubbing his brow. "We haven't gotten far in anything."

"Right. Well, if you've been sleeping all day I think that goes to show I should—"

"You're not driving Baby, Jen." Dean interrupted as Jenny frowned at him.

"Fine. Don't complain when you're tired, then." She shrugged, downing the rest of her coffee as Dean stood up, walking over to where she sat.

"Did he at least say where he was heading?" Dean reached for the letter, Jenny snatching it away quickly, warning another suspicious look from Dean.

"My peepers only, Nosey. And no, he didn't. Just said he was going out on some case. Probably another vengeful spirit." Dean huffed quietly, crossing his arms and stared down at Jenny. "Would you quit it with the look? Everything on here I already told you."

"Everything?" Dean quirked a brow, Jenny stood up, staring into his eyes.

"Everything. If John isn't back by tomorrow..." Jenny shrugged. "Then maybe we'll have to get some help."

"Bobby ain't gonna help us."

"I wasn't talking about Bobby." Jenny frowned, taking the letter and walking over to the sink.

"What... Sam? Really, Jenny? C'mon, man he hasn't talked to me in two years. He hasn't talked to you in four! He's not just going to jump right back on the horse." Jenny shrugged as she turned the water on, shoving the letter down into the garbage disposal. "The hell are you doing?"

"Disposing evidence." She joked half-heartedly, turning in the disposal.

"We aren't going to Sam. It's only been two days. Dad'll be back. Besides it's not like—" Jenny drowned out his voice as she turned off the disposal, watching the water drain. Maybe he was right. John wasn't an idiot when it came to hunting things. He was a good Hunter.

But maybe this was the one dumb thing he was doing.

Jenny spun around to face Dean, a frown on her face. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Dean frowned as Jenny scoffed, shaking her head.

"You don't want to admit we'll need his help."

"Seriously? You're going with that of all things? C'mon, Jen." Dean shook his head as the girl shrugged.

"I'm being serious here, Dean. Sam could help us find your dad."

"So could you." Dean commented as she nodded.

"Yeah, I could. But I won't help. Not until you agree that we need Sam as well." Dean put his hands on his hips, scowling at the woman in front of him.

Silence clung onto the air as Dean and Jenny stared at one another, until the Winchester finally snapped.

"Fine! Alright. But we don't need him yet. We can wait a while."