Chapter Twenty-Four

I got some fun material for y'all 👀 get ready because I'm going feral for the own things i'm writing

Larry had finished giving Jenny and Dean the tour of the house, the three walking back down the stairs. Jenny paused, noticing a jar full of bugs at the same time Dean had.

"Someone likes bugs." Dean joked as Larry turned to the jar and sighed in annoyance.

"Yes.. My son is very... inquisitive." Jenny and Dean shared a knowing look before the three walked outside. Jenny quickly noticed Sam talking to a kid, who she assumed was Larry's son with the tarantula in his hand.

"Matthew." Larry said sternly, the three walking over. "I'm sorry about my son and his... Pet." Larry seethed as Sam shook his head.

"It's no bother." Jenny looked at the spider with a small smile.

"Excuse us." Larry took Matthew and the spider away, Jenny watching the two leave with a small frown.

"Remind you of somebody?" Sam asked once the father and son were out of earshot. Larry started to yell at Matthew, and Dean looked at his brother in confusion. "Dad?"

"Dad never treated us like that." Dean scoffed as Jenny and Sam shared a look, turning back to the older Winchester.

"Well, he never treated you like that. He was all over my case." Sam said as Jenny raised a finger in the air.

"And mine. And I wasn't even his daughter." Jenny pressed her lips together as Dean frowned at her.

"He did?"

"When you couldn't hear." She grumbled, looking back at Larry and Matthew.

"Anyways... How was the tour?" Sam asked, changing the subject as Dean and Jenny laughed.

"Exquisite." She lied, turning to Sam.

"We're ready to buy." Dean added, shoving his hands in his pockets. "So you might be onto somethin'. Looks like Dustin Burwash wasn't the first strange death around here."

"What happened?" Sam asked, crossing his arms.

"About a year ago, before they broke ground, one of Larry's surveyors dropped dead while on the job." Sam titled his head in confusion as Jenny nodded.

"Severe allergic reaction to bee stings." She sucked in a sharp breath, looking around. "More bugs."

"More bugs." The Winchesters repeated as Sam chuckled, Jenny and Dean frowning at him.

"What?"

"Nothing I uh— just remembered an old nickname I used to call you." Sam gestured to Jenny as she sucked on her teeth, laughing sarcastically as she recalled it as well.

"Ah yes, Buggy." Dean laughed as she jabbed him gently in the side, the three sharing a laugh.

"You hand someone a lady buy once and suddenly they think you're obsessed." Jenny waved her hands in the air as Sam raised his brows.