Chapter Seven

Day had arrived, Jenny had spent the whole night watching over everyone, not giving herself a moment to rest

Her tired eyes landed on Haley, who was talking to Dean. The woman yawned quietly, noticing that Sam was reading his fathers journal. She stood up slowly as Dean did, walking over to Sam.

"So we've got half a chance in the daylight. And I for one want to kill this evil son of a bitch." Sam said as Dean nodded.

"Hell, you know I'm in." He smirked as Sam sat up straighter against the tree stump, Haley and Ben walking over as Sam showed them a page titled 'Wendigo.'

"Wendigo' is a Cree Indian word. It means 'evil that devours'." Sam started as Jenny nodded.

"Wendigo's are hundreds of years old. Sometimes hunters or miners. Frontiersmen... Usually Indians. During harsh winters, they'd run out of supplies and become cannibals in order to survive." Jenny explained as Ben nodded.

"Like Donner Party."

"Sure, let's go with that." Jenny said as Sam cleared his throat, going to continue.

"Cultures all over the world believe that eating human flesh gives a person certain abilities. Speed, strength, immortality." Sam shut the journal as Jenny sat on the ground, picking at a blade of grass and showing it to Haley and Ben.

"Over time, usually years, when you start eating enough human meat..." She started slowly plucking at the grass, the four watching as it got closer and closer to nothing. "You start to lose your humanity. Become this monster that's always hungry. Can never stop eating flesh."

"So... if that's true... How is Tommy still alive?" Haley asked as Dean sighed, shaking his head.

"You're not gonna like it."

"Tell me." Haley demanded with a frown, Jenny, Sam and Dean sharing a look.

"More than anything, a wendigo knows how to last long winters without food. It hibernates for years at a time, but when it's awake it keeps its victims alive. It, uh, it stores them, so it can feed whenever it wants. If your brother's alive, it's keeping him somewhere dark, hidden, and safe. We gotta track it back there." Dean explained as Haley sighed.

"How do we stop it?"

"Well, guns and knives are practically a play toy for Wendigos." Jenny said as she pulled out the gun from behind her, setting it in the grass.

Dean then went on to hold up a can of lighter fluid, a beer bottle, and a white cloth he had picked up earlier, a smirk on his face.

"We gotta light the sucker."

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Dean and Jenny lead the group, molotov cocktails in hand as they noticed blood and claw marks guiding them towards wherever they needed to go.