Chapter 34

"Coach was literally going batshit crazy this week now that you suddenly transferred! Literally everyone was talking about it because word didn't really get around the pack until the hockey team found out you left! Now everyone is so confused! And Lyle was being so pissy today! He almost started two fights," Weston rambled on as I listened patiently on the phone. Weston was advised to stay away from me so as not to get my scent on him. Ace has been ordered to thoroughly shower after visiting Xander. Alpha is worried that if the pack smells me on them, that they will pick up on my promotion to an Alpha position.

Currently, I was cooking pasta for Hayden and me while I listened to my friend. Hayden was on my couch going through the documents of all the potential warriors that we could recruit. He and I have single-handedly whipped the warriors into shape these past two weeks. We created new schedules, new workouts, and personally got to know most of the members.

Xander has been up my ass about how close Hayden and I have got these past few weeks, though. Sure, we've bonded over the warrior training, but what Xander didn't know was that Hayden was the only one I talked about Lyle with. While everyone else was under the impression Lyle and I mutually rejected each other, Hayden was over here giving me mating advice. Even Weston had no idea.

Something that I've kept hidden from everyone, was Jesus, aka Joseph, who was now my calculus professor. Explaining our relationship could put him in danger, and that was something I was trying to avoid for now.

I decided to switch the topic because it was getting difficult listening to him drown on about the gossip at school. "How is Emerald? I called her yesterday to explain things very vaguely but she mostly cried," I sighed, stirring the cooking penne. I glanced at Hayden to see he was still engrossed in the papers.

"She was asking me questions today, but for the most part she was more intrigued by your mystery family. A lot of people were asking us questions, so she was gossiping about you all day," he laughed over the line, relieving some more of the stress surrounding my switch.

Draining the pasta, I tried to focus on Weston's words rather than Hayden, which was deemed harder than I originally imagined. When I glanced toward Hayden again, he was biting his lip in frustration while reading. Apollo growled at me in my head. He did not appreciate me being attracted to wolves that weren't our mates.

"Okay, Wes, I've gotta go. I just finished cooking, and Hayden and I are about to eat. I'll call you tomorrow after your omega training session," I promised, placing the finished pasta on the table. Hayden joined me almost instantly agreed after hearing my words.

After our goodbyes, I finally sat down across from Hayden, who still held a small stack of papers. "Anyone of interest?" I asked as I served him some of the lemon pasta, one of my favorite recipes from Luna.

He nodded vigorously, handing me the papers. "About 15 wolves who are of age to begin training, and I can see potential in them," he explained right before shoveling food into his mouth. I was about to speak, but he beat me to it. "This pasta is better than sex. This is why I always come here," he moaned as he stuffed more down his throat. I hate to say his moan turned me on slightly, to the point Apollo growled again. I knew I had this thing going on with Lyle, but the relationship still felt weird. What didn't feel weird was Hayden. He felt safe. For that reason, I couldn't help but fall for him a little bit.

"Thank you, if that's a compliment," I laughed, drawing my attention back to the warrior stats in front of me. "Why don't we call these wolves in for a separate training session. We will ask for a few warriors to volunteer to help us with choosing candidates. It's good to keep them involved in the process," I suggested, glancing down at all the files.

With all the food in his mouth, Hayden simply nodded eagerly. Over dinner, he talked about a few of the candidates more in detail. I understood his reasoning for each of them. They were mostly middle ranking middle school wolves with gamma or beta bloodlines. By their pictures, you could tell that they were going to grow to be strong wolves with a bit of training.