Chapter 47

A/N This is by far my favorite chapter. We have some new mate pairings, some fluff, and some smut. I'm excited to know if you guys predicted either of the two pairings we see in this chapter. Let me know in the comments! I honestly think they are perfect matches. 

The car ride back to my pack was filled with Lyle scolding me for putting myself in harm's way. The girl, who we found out is named Emilia, sat quietly in the back with her blanket tightly wrapped around her.

"What if the rogue was dangerous?! Why did you stop and wait to see if she'd shift? Another rogue would've killed you during that time! No offense, Emilia," Lyle yelled at me while driving.

Emilia shrugged, not seeming too offended but still timid. "He told me to shift with an Alpha command. No one can resist that," she spoke softly, looking down to her hands.

Lyle almost swerved the car at this information. "You can mindlinked rogues?!"

I blinked at him, a little confused on why he hadn't put that together. "I can mindlink anyone. How do you think I talk to you?" He paused to think about this new realization.

"Okay, yeah. I'll admit that was a little dumb of me, but still! You could've gotten hurt!" He huffed, pulling up to the pack house.

Lilith met us outside, flying the backseat's door open to reveal Emilia. At first I brushed off her erratic behavior as just being excited as usual. That was until I heard the girls both whisper, "Mate."

They were frozen in their positions, Lilith standing at the edge of the seat with Emilia sitting on the furthest seat from her. Lyle looked at me with wide eyes, but I only sighed, getting out of the car.

"Let's get her to the infirmary, then you too can discuss this further," I ordered Lilith, who can only fiercely nod. She reached her hand out to the rogue, who hesitantly took it.

Lilith dragged Emilia away while Lyle and I followed. During our walk, we had to pass several people who bowed in respect to me. I've gotten used to it over time, but Lyle looked uneasy about it. Many people stared at him with curious eyes, and Lyle grabbed my arm as an instinct to not get separated in the crowd. Apollo purred at the action, and I couldn't lie and say I didn't love it too.

Lilith led us to a private room within the infirmary. It was pure white and looked rather sterile, much like human hospitals.

"You look dehydrated. Is it okay if I set you up with an IV?" Lilith asked Emilia in an abnormally soft tone for the witch. Emilia looked hesitant, looking over at me for an answer. My expressionless face was less than reassuring but a small nod managed to convince the girl.

Lilith got to work, gingerly handling her mate's arm she placed the IV in. Lilith rubbed her thumb against Emilia's hand before pulling away. Both the girls blushed, seemingly forgetting our presence momentarily.

"How far along are you in your pregnancy?" Lilith asked, looking with judgment free eyes.

"About 30 weeks, I think? I've been locked up, so it's been hard to count," she admitted, unable to look any of us in the eyes.

"Vance has a thing for locking up wolves," I snorted, causing everyone's eyes to snap to me.

"H-how do you know my Alpha's name?" Emilia stuttered, sudden fear filling her eyes as she cowered in her bed.

"Your scent," I said bluntly. "I spent some time locked up with him too. Hard to forget his disgusting scent." No emotion shone through in my words, which probably made me sound scarier than I am.

Emilia slowly nodded, looking toward Lilith who was now seething. Lyle just clutched my arm tighter in silent support.

"Does she need an ultrasound, Lilith?" I changed the subject, trying to calm her down by focusing on her mate's health. Lilith snapped out of her silent rage to quickly get back to work. She pulled equipment into the room and others out from the cabinets. Lyle retrieved a hospital gown from a nurse and helped slip it over Emilia. She looked awfully grateful for everything anyone did for her, which did not give me confidence in her past being even the slightest bit pleasant.