Chapter 17

Note, Y/n's crow's name: C/n

Third person's pov

Muichiro and y/n both unsheathed their swords and held it upright in sync, watching as the colour slowly spread across? the katanas. Muichiro's blade turned white due to his breathing style while y/n's turned black.

"Aw, I thought it would be pink!

"What no! Yellow suits her!"

The butterfly girls argued after the surprising colour change.

"Y/n, black is the rarest colour, so rare that it is unknown what it means! You have to be careful when you go on missions, alright?" Kanae advised with a gentle tone but it made y/n gulp in fear.

'Black is bad? What?' y/n thought as she carefully examined her sword.

"Y/n, don't worry about it, oh yeah! Can you show me your uniform now?" Muichiro tried to change the topic after seeing y/n's worried expressions.

"Oh yeah, I will go put it on right now!" Y/n passed Muichiro her sword and ran to her room.

After changing, y/n stepped out of her room to see Muichiro hugging onto both of their swords, leaning against the wall down the hallway.

"Muichiro!" Y/n called out and walked over towards him.

Muichiro turned towards her, shifting his support from the wall.

Y/n wore the standard demon slayer uniform like Kanae and Shinobu, and a pair of hakama pants tucked into white knee-high boots with black laces. (Yes uk the ones kanao wears?)

"Hmm, is it comfortable y/n?" Muichiro asked after analysing her uniform.

"Oh yes it is, very! Shinobu bought me these boots, I think it will really help me in battle!" Y/n pointed at her boots.

"That's good." Muichiro gave y/n a faint smile.

Muichiro's pov

y/n's uniform suited her, she looks like Shinobu and Kanae's sister, hah.

Y/n walked to the main living room of the estate and all the girls were hyping us up.

"Good job Y/n-san and Tokito-kun!"

"You guys are official demon slayers now!"

Suddenly one of the three servant girls, Sumi, approached y/n with a piece of folded clothing on her hand.

"Y/n-san! Me, Kiyo and Naho made this for you!" She said with a bright smile.

"Wow! Thank you so much! I will cherish it and wear it everyday!" Y/n thanked as she unfolded the beautiful haori.

It was black with golden patterns and at the back, a golden vintage clock was sewn on, representing her breathing style. Y/n wore it with great pride.

(picture does not belong to us-)

"It really suits you y/n-san! We hope you like it!" The girls said in sync.

"Of course I do!"

While y/n was interacting with the girls, I studied our swords. To my surprise, our sword guards are the same. I tilted my head in confusion but suddenly y/n's crow flew in.

"Greetings, Y/n-sama and Muichiro-sama are to- CAW!" y/n's crow, C/N spoke but was interrupted by an aggressive peck on the head by my crow, Ginko.

"OH SHUT UP! I WANT TO TALK! Anyways, THERE IS A REPORT ON MISSING CHILDREN IN THE WEST! Y/N-SAMA AND MUCHIRO-SAMA WILL HEAD THERE RIGHT NOW!" She explained loudly.

"STOP BULLYING ME!" C/n complained as he chased Ginko out of the estate.

"Alright! Our first mission!" Y/n snatched her katana away from me and grabbed my hand. "Come on Muichiro, let's go right now! I am so excited!"

I nodded and she dragged me out while waving goodbye to the girls.

"Stay safe you guys!" Shinobu called out.

"Hey guys? How far is it?" Y/n asked the two crows flying above but they ignored her, fighting continuously.

"Ginko." I called out to the bird in frustration. "Stop bothering c/n."

"HMPH" she pecked the poor bird one more time before replying. "A few kilometers away!"

"Y/n-sama and Tokito-sama should hurry up! The sun is setting! KRAA! KRAA!" c/n called.

"Right! We have to prevent this demon from eating more children!"