Chapter 61: Finale

A/N: TW!! SU1C1DE!

Y/n crumbles to the floor, tears streaming down her face uncontrollably. She looked up again, to see Kokushibo's body slowly turn to ash.

"He self-destructed." Giyuu said, while keeping his sword in its sleeve, his haori was torned and he suffered many injuries, but thankfully could still stand and fight.

"Y/n, why were you taking so long? Can't you tell that the human was a fake?" Sanemi sat on the floor infront of the h/c haired girl, about to lecture her until he noticed the tears and his hand reached up to wipe them away. "Oi! Why are you crying? Are you hurt? Where?"

Y/n shook her head, there was no point in her explaining, they wouldn't understand, maybe Muichiro would.

Muichiro?

Wait, Muichiro is all alone?

"W-we need to find Muchiro." Y/n choked up while picking herself up, almost falling to the floor as she did so, Rengoku had to help her.

"UPPER-MOON TWO HAS BEEN DEFEATED BY KANAE, SHINOBU AND KANAO, ALL ARE INJURED BUT WELL." The crows cawed suddenly.

"Two down, we are getting close." Gyomei clapped his palms together.

"I'm going to find Muichiro..." y/n limped her way out after exhausting herself from overusing her speed.

"Y/n, you shouldn't go alone." Rengoku warned her, but she had left.

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

Song choices:
Play war of hearts - Ruelle
Car's outside - James Arthur

Y/n ran through the infinity castle, her heart continued to pound in her chest and rivulets of sweat dripped down the sides of her face.

"Please be alive, Mui." She muttered as she tried to control her breathing.

Don't panic now, y/n.

Suddenly, in the distance, she noticed two figures locked in a fierce battle. As she got closer, her eyes widened in horror. Muichiro was fighting a mirror version of himself, their identical forms clashing with intense ferocity.

"Muichiro!" Y/n called out, desperation lacing her voice.

Muichiro's eyes briefly flicked towards her, filled with a mix of relief and determination. "Y/n, stay back!" he shouted, parrying a brutal strike from his demonic doppelganger.

There's a Muichiro in this timeline. He became a demon? Why? How?

(Demon) Muichiro smirked, his eyes glowing with malevolent glee. "Oh, I see why you are so protective of her, she is a pretty one."

Muichiro gritted his teeth, pushing back with all his might. "Fuck off, I won't let you hurt her!" he declared, his resolve unwavering.

Y/n, refusing to heed Muichiro's warning, stepped forward, her grip tightening around her weapon. "I'm not leaving you behind. Together, We fight together."

(Demon) Muichiro's evil laugh echoed through the castle as he swiftly grabbed Y/n, holding her in a chokehold. His sword pressed against her neck as he licked her cheek with a twisted grin.

"She invited herself," he taunted, his voice dripping with malice.

Muichiro's eyes blazed with fury and desperation. "Let her go."

Y/n cringed in disgust, her energy waning from fighting Upper Moon One earlier.

The demon chuckled, tightening his hold on Y/n. "Why should I? She's quite the leverage."