Chapter 60

Playlist for this chapter (in order):
1. Daylight - David Kushner
2. Me and the Devil - Soap&Skin
3. LET THE WORLD BURN - Chris Grey
4. Dynasty - MIIA 
5. Another Love - Tom Odell

Third person's pov

"Are you sure you should be accompanying me for patrols, Mui?" Y/n and Muichiro walked side by side down the route of her patrols.

"Yeah." Muichiro nodded. "I wonder if Sanemi would be mad at me though..."

"What for?" Y/n asked the teal-tipped hair boy.

"We were supposed to be training today...."

Y/n gasped, "so you ditched him!"

"Pretty much," Muichiro shrugged.

"That's not very nice of you, Muichiro." Y/n chuckled as she lightly bumped the mist hashira. "Go find him and apologise."

"I ditched him for YOU." Muichiro held onto y/n's hand, fingers interlocking with hers. "You stole me away."

"I-" y/n blushed. "NO! I didn't ask for you to accompany me!"

"Oh, so you don't want me here then?" Letting go of her hand, he fast walked forward in an attempt to seem petty. "Then I will leave."

"WAIT!" Y/n panicked and tugged on his sleeves. "I'm happy you are accompanying me."

"Hm? Really?" Muichiro folded his arms and tilted his head to the side. "How do I know if you are lying?"

"I'm not!"

"Prove it." Muichiro leaned in closer, causing heat to creep up to her cheeks.

"H-how..."

With his index finger, he pointed to his red lips. "You know what belongs here"

Y/n blushed a deeper shade of red, knowing exactly what he wants. With a determined yet flustered expression, y/n pressed her lips against his.

Muichiro's eyes widened slightly in surprise, but he quickly melted into the kiss, his arms unfolding to gently wrap around y/n.

When they finally pulled away, Muichiro noticed her flushed cheeks and chuckled softly, gently squeezing them. "Why are you blushing so hard? You look like a hamster."

Pouting slightly, y/n swatted his hand away, "because y-you-"

Muichiro laughed softly, the sound bringing a smile to Y/N's face despite her embarrassment. "I guess I can't help it if you're so adorable," he teased, his eyes twinkling with affection.

Y/n couldn't help but laugh, the tension between them melting away, "you asshole..." she said, shaking her head.

"But you love me though?" Muichiro grinned.

Before Y/N could respond, a loud explosion echoed from the direction of the Ubuyashiki estate. Their playful demeanour vanished immediately.

"That sounded bad," Y/N said, her voice filled with urgency.

"Let's go," Muichiro replied, already moving.

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

"Shit," y/n cursed under her breath as she ran through the infinity castle behind Gyomei and Muichiro. This place was a maze that made no sense.

"Calm down, y/n." Muichiro quietly reassured the h/c head. "This is all going to plan."

"This had to happen?" Y/n said, feeling guilty inside. "But Oyakata-sama's children... they had to die too??"

Muichiro nodded, his hair blowing against the wind due to his speed. "They needed to weaken muzan for Tama-"