Chapter 56

A/n: okay, I remember their ages now.

Shinobu Kocho - 18 years

Mitsuri Kanroji - 19 years

Muichiro Tokito - 19 years

Y/n L/n - 19 years

Kyujoro Rengoku - 20 years

Kanae Kocho - 21 years

Sanemi Shinazugawa  - 21 years

Obanai Iguro - 21 years

Giyu Tomioka  - 21 years

Tengen Uzui - 23 years

Gyomei Himejima - 27 years

Third person's pov

Muichiro walked down the golden path lined with ginkgo trees, searching for Y/n. It has been 2 weeks since Akaza's death, and y/n had not been very open about how she feels about it. But Muichiro didn't need y/n to say anything for him to understand how she was feeling.

The path leads to where their story began: the lake that brought them to this timeline in which they are now trapped in. It is this very lake that brings y/n peace though, and throughout the years, it has been surrounded with beautiful flowers, no longer a wasteland like before. Of course, Muichiro planted those for her.

After searching everywhere for Y/N, Muichiro's final destination was the lake. As he approached, he finally spotted her. She was sitting at the water's edge, her gaze lost in the shimmering reflection of the setting sun. The gentle breeze played with her hair, and the tranquillity of the scene was almost surreal. Muichiro felt a wave of relief wash over him. "Found her." he muttered to himself.

Quietly, he walked over and sat beside her. For a moment, neither of them spoke. The silence between them was filled with unspoken understanding. Muichiro glanced at Y/N, her expression a mixture of sorrow and serenity, and knew that she found solace here.

"Y/N," he said softly, breaking the silence. "I've been looking for you."

She turned to him, her eyes reflecting the golden light of the evening. "I know," she replied, her voice was gentle. "I just wanted some time alone."

Muichiro sighed before laying down on the grass. "Yeah, but I thought we were in this together? You can't leave me alone forever."

Y/N's gaze drifted towards the tranquil surface of the lake. "I'm sorry, Muichiro. I don't think you understand how it feels to lose a friend," she spoke with a tinge of sadness in her voice.

"No, I don't. But-" Muichiro hesitated, he dreaded this, he didn't want to be the one to tell her but he choked it up anyways. "But I know... what it feels like knowing that someone you love is going to die."

Y/N felt a pang of confusion and a tint of jealousy as she watched Muichiro speak about someone he loved who was dying.

Who could it be? Why hadn't he confided in her about this before? And why was this person dying?

As  these thoughts raced through her mind, Y/N found herself torn between her desire to understand and her fear of what she might uncover. She turned to Muichiro, searching his face for any hint of the truth, but his expression remained unreadable.

"What?" she began nervously. "Who is this person you love? And why are they dying??"

Muichiro looked at her tenderly, and she noticed a tear rolling down his cheek. Y/N's heart clenched with concern, and she instinctively reached out to wipe it away, her fingers trembling with uncertainty. "Hey... what? What's wrong?" she asked softly, her voice filled with worry.