Chapter 3 - First interaction

Aiah's POV:

Airport...

It's 7:30 AM, and my older brother will arrive at 8 AM, so I have 30 minutes to stroll around the airport. I took a Grab here since I don't have a car and I don't know how to drive.

"Wow! There are so many people!" I exclaimed in wonder.

There are so many people, it's my first time going to the airport and seeing planes up close. Wherever you look, you'll definitely see foreigners, pilots, and flight attendants.

It's heartwarming to see people excited to be reunited with their families from other countries. They might be Overseas Filipino Workers, which is why people are so joyful when they welcome their families. It's probably like this when you've been separated from your loved ones for a long time.

As I walk around, I hear things left and right. Many are approaching me, asking various questions, and it's like they're discussing me.

"You are so beautiful. Are you a model?"

"Who's that girl? She's gorgeous"

"What a beautiful work of God"

"Can I have your number Miss?

"Wow! Are you a foreign?"

"Artista ka po ba?" And many more...

I politely turned down their requests and questions, as well as other things, because I might run out of English with them.

Suddenly, I got hungry and headed to the nearby coffee shop to also entertain myself.

Starbucks...

As soon as I opened the door of the coffee shop, the aroma of coffee in the surroundings became immediately noticeable. It's clear that many people come here because a lot of them enter to buy their snacks. Aside from its proximity, I came here because this is where Stacey, Sheena, and Maloi always go to buy treats whenever they're treating me.

Upon entering the coffee shop, I immediately looked at the menu and thought "Hmm, what can I eat here?"

While looking at the menu, I knew I was in the right path, but I didn't realize that someone was blocking my way on the side and was heading in my direction.

Stranger: "What the?! Watch your steps dumbass! 'Di mo ba 'ko kilala?!"

"Hoy! Kung makabangga ka parang pagmamay-ari mo yung daan! Saka bakit kasi nakashades ka pa eh nasa loob ka naman ng kainan na toh! Is there even a sun here?!"

Mikha's POV:

Airport...

I arrived in the Philippines at 7:10 am, and I got here early. Mr. President told me that Nicolette and the others would only arrive by 8 am. So, I'll be waiting for another 50 minutes here because my father didn't give me the address of the house where the four of us will be staying.

"Tss. I was tricked there. The address wasn't really given so the three could fetch me." I muttered to myself in frustration.

I'm wearing my sunglasses, face mask, and cap because someone might recognize me at the airport since I used to be a well-known volleyball player in the US. However, the first 2 years were when I played in the US. As time went on, I started losing interest because Mommy wasn't there anymore to cheer me on, and that's when I began hanging out at bars in the US.

I spent 2 years as a player at a famous university in the US, and the following years were about letting go of everything that reminded me of Mommy, Ate, and Kuya, because my efforts were meaningless without the people who first introduced me to volleyball.