chapter one

𝐢

𝐢.

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬

INDIANA, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟹. ▏

THERE IN A SMALL TOWN CALLED HAWKIN WAS A GIRL NAME Valerie Nueve or The dead eyed child.

Her nickname was given to her at a young age- because unlike the other kids, her eyes lacked excitement.

Maybe it was due to all her life being a mixture of trauma, adopted into a family that didn't love anything but the large check they got for letting her stay.

Her entire existence was a mystery that was waiting to get solved.

That girl was sitting at the edge of her bed with a wooden pencil scribbling the last words needed to finish up her homework.

A wide smile took over her face as she finally finished.

Even though she was a couple minutes late to the campaign, she knew she would be easily forgiven.

The brunette haired girl rushed out her room and over to the living room where her parents were sitting on the couch reading newspapers.

"Hi mom and dad i'm finished with my homework, can I head over to Mike's now?" Valerie asked with a hopeful smile, holding up her page filled with words.

Her mother was the first to look up at her daughter with a proud expression on her face, her father the complete opposite.

"Have your clothes stretched in the washer?" Mr. Harrington judged.