chapter ten

𝐱

𝐱.

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞

MAX AND MIKE BOTH CARRIED VALERIE INSIDE of the store, putting her down on the floor to inspect her bite. Everyone cringed when they saw the blood oozing out her torso.

She groaned in pain, feeling someone's hand squeeze hers for comfort.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Max asked Nancy who was opening a wipe.

"I'm cleaning the wound-

"No, first, we need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage." She corrected.

Everybody looked at her weirdly.

"I skate board trust me. Mike hold this."

Mike held onto the wipe that was placed on her stomach, quickly apologizing when she whimpered.

"Keep the pressure on it nice and firm, okay?" Max informed. "We're gonna need water and soap."

Nancy and Jonathan left to get it and Lucas emptied his bag trying to be helpful. "Does any of this help?"

"No. Go get me a wash cloth and a bowl."

"A bowl?"

"Lucas!"

Will left with Lucas to go find the items. Valerie was still wincing, the pain becoming unbearable to deal with.

"It's gonna be okay... we're gonna help you." Mike assured, tucking the hair from out of her face.

"O-okay." She muttered lowly.

"Remember when you fell off your bike in fourth grade? I didn't have a bandage so I used paper and tape instead." He reminded to get her mind off the pain.