chapter eight

𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢

𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

DART WAS MISSING. HE ESCAPED FROM THE ROOM SO the friends had to split up to go find him. Valerie and Mike paired up of course.

"Nothing again." Valerie shut the empty classroom door sighing frustratedly.

Mike nodded his head before informing through the walkie-talkie that the room was clear.

"Hey, um, can I ask you a question?" Mike glanced to her with his brown eyes softer than they were before.

Her nerves were rising- she nodded her head, both of their paces slowing down.

"Did you referring to your home as your old house have something to do with you getting dropped of with Will?"

His question made her wanna burst into tears all over again. The girl sucked in a harsh breath. "Yes."

Mike's face shows sympathy all over it; usually she hated it but it looked comforting on him.

"Your dad..." He mumbled.

He hated hisself for not catching onto the clues, not helping her or try to figure it out. Even though there was nothing he could've done.

"I don't wanna talk about this right now, i'm sorry." Her voice broke, quickly wiping the tear that escaped her eye as if it burned her skin.

"That's fine." He pulled her body closer to her. "I'll be here to listen when you're ready."

She smiled warmly.

"I found him." Will's voice spoke from the speaker.

"Copy that." Mike responded, "C'mon."