chapter four

𝐯𝐢

𝐯𝐢.

𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

THEY WERE BACK AT MIKES HOUSE INSIDE THE BASEMENT. VALERIE was sitting beside Max as they wrote letters to the people they loved.

"Okay, be honest. Uh... You guys understand any of this?" Steve asked while pacing around confusedly.

"No."

"What's confusing to you, So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him." Dustin explained.

Valerie blocked out the conversation since she didn't wanna hear a hopeless plan, she mentally prepared herself that she was gonna die.

"Any idea what they're writing?" Mike whispered.

Dustin shrugged his shoulders "Did they even sleep?" To answer the question no, they didn't.

"I mean, would you?" Lucas glanced.

Valerie sealed close the last of the letter that was for Mike, it was the one she spent the most time on.

She sat up from her seat to go to the bathroom just to stare at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were darkened from smudged mascara.

It was hard to think that after all the fights, the pain, that she was just gonna die. In a painful way by some creep who loved killing traumatized kids.

"Val?" Mike bursted through the bathroom, he let out a sigh of relief when he saw her standing confusedly, for a second he thought he lost her.

"Yeah?" Valerie muttered confusedly.

"N-nothing I just thought... never mind how are you feeling?" He asked shutting the bathroom door and sitting on the top of the toilet seat.