chapter nineteen

xx

xx.

 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐞

͏͏p͏͏l͏͏a͏͏y ͏͏͏͏t͏͏h͏͏e ͏͏s͏͏͏͏o͏͏n͏͏g ͏͏w͏͏h͏͏e͏͏͏͏n ͏͏y͏͏o͏͏u ͏͏s͏͏e͏͏e͏͏ " * "

VALERIE EYES WERE GLUED behind Eleven, gripping her forearm to push her beside. El looked to her confused until she saw whom she was staring at.

"This is the end." Valerie breathed out, tears no longer falling from her eyes, she was tired of crying.

"Let's end this now." She added on, "No one else has to get hurt because it's me you hate."

Vecna cricked his head to the side, slowly walking up to her. Her emotions were scattered not knowing whether to be scared of relived.

"Why is it that you think I hate you?" He asked her.

Her face showed deadpan; not once ounce of emotion or even concealing sadness when the questioned dropped from his mouth.

"You tell me?" She scoffed.

"Was the nightmares not enough? Was the nosebleed? Oh, how about making me relive my brother death twice—

"That isn't your brother! I am the only true family that you have!" Vecna raised his voice. Angered that she would call a stranger her brother.

"No." Valerie shook her head, looking back at Eleven and Max who were in each others arms.

"They are my true family— and you're trying to take them from me, because you know the truth." She accused.

"And what is that?" Vecna raised his face.

"You're a shit father. You always have been, you never loved me, you just wanted power; control."