chapter seventeen

xvii

xvii.

 memories

memories

HERE AGAIN SHE WAS, HER EYES GLUED TO CREEL HOUSE that belonged to her father.

Little Dark Age was blasting in her ear as she stared at it, Max, Lucas and Erica walked inside the house but she couldn't move.

A hand grabbing hers knocked her out of her trance-like-stage.

She paused her walkman, flickering her eyes to Mike. "You ready?" He asked her.

Valerie gulped nervously, something in her was telling her not to walk inside the house but she shrugged it off and nodded her head.

"I'm ready." She assured unpausing it.

They held a blue lantern in there hand, walking around the house to find the room. They finally found it when there lanterns lite up brighter than before. The two couples split up on the other ends of the room, waiting for their signal.

Mike couldn't help himself from staring at her. She looked beautiful with the light radiating onto her face. Even though she had a dead look in her eyes she was still his guardian angel

. "You're staring." Valerie wrote on the piece of paper, glancing up at him.

He look away out of embarrassment with his cheeks turning a hot pink. "I'm sorry, you're just really beautiful." Mike wrote back.

They both became very flustered, smiling like they were in middle school again.

She intertwined there hands, squeezing as a thank you, and he squeezed back as an you're welcome.

A couple minutes later Erica sent them there signal.

The feeling of fear re-entered her body once again, she removed her hand from his so she could take off her headphones.