chapter ten

𝐱

𝐱.

𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" LUCAS SINCLAIR ASKED IRRITABLY WHILE STARING at his friends who were standing at his door step.

Dustin smacked Mike's shoulder, gesturing him to speak up. "I drew first blood, so..."

Lucas glanced down at his hand for a second before walking into his house, his friends following shortly behind him.

"Okay, I'll shake." He agreed. "On one condition... We forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate."

"Then the deals off! Mike put down you hand!" She pulled his hand down for him.

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"No, no, not fine! Guys, seriously? Do you even remember what happened on the Bloodstone Pass?" Dustin reminded.

They all looked at him confusedly making him sigh disappointedly.

"We couldn't agree on what path to take, so we split up the party and those trolls took us out one by one. And it all went to shit. And we were all disabled!
So we stick together, no matter what!"

"Yeah, I agree. But this is the party, right here in this room." Lucas emphasized.

"El is one of us now!" Val protested.

The dark-skinned boy eyes widened, he shook his head. "Um, no, she's not. Not even close! Never will be. She's a liar, a traitor!"

"She was just trying to keep us safe! She didn't mean to hurt you. It was an accident!" Valerie defended.

"An accident-