chapter six

𝐯𝐢

𝐯𝐢.

𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 & 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐲

𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 & 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐲

VALERIE WAS GETTING A RIDE TO SCHOOL BY JOYCE'S new boyfriend Bob, his first impression was good, to her was really nice.

"Was that you I heard milling around last night, or was that a ghost?" Bob asked glancing to Will in the passengers seat.

"Yeah. Me, probably." Will answered truthfully.

"Another nightmare?" He wondered.

"Um... no."

"Did I ever tell you about Mr. Baldo?"

"Mr.Baldo?" Both the kids spoke together, amusement in there tone.

"Yeah. I was a little younger than you, standing in line for the Ferris wheel at the Roane County fair." Bob told.

"Then what?" Valerie leaned forward with interest.

"And suddenly, I feel this fat white glove tap me on the shoulder. I spin around, and there he is. Mr. Baldo." He smiled before continuing.

""Hey, kiddo, would you like a balloon?" Bob imitated a clowns voice.

Will and Val looked at each other from the side of their eyes before busting out laughing.

"I'm sorry, that just sounds a lot like penny wise." The Nueve-girl giggled.

" Go ahead, laugh. It's funny. It wasn't funny back then, I can tell you that." He informed.

"I couldn't get him out of my head. Every night, he would come to me in my dreams. And every night when he came to me... I ran."