chapter fifteen

xv

xv.

𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐦

𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐦

"HE SHOWED ME.... THE MOST AWFUL THINGS. I SAW a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire.  Dead soldiers. And this... giant creature with... a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone."

Nancy informed the group on the thing Vecna showed her when he was inside her head.

"There was so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins.  Into our neighborhoods.
Our homes." She added on.

She took a long pause before continuing because she knew what she said next was gonna scare everyone.

"And then... he showed me my mom. And Holly. Mike. Valerie. And they... they were all—" She couldn't finish her sentence

Steve face washed over with fear at the mention of his sister, his palms starting to become sweaty.

"Okay, but... he's just trying to scare you, Nance.
Right? I mean... I mean, it's not real." Steve assured but it sounded more like he was trying to convince hisself.

"No, she was there. I—I saw her." Nancy insisted

Eddie leaned up from the sofa with his eyebrows pinched together confusedly. "Saw who?"

The wheeler-girl faltered her eyes to the ground, flinching as the memories flooded back to her mind. "Valerie."

"What? That's not possible? I mean, Valerie stayed back with Mike there at your house." Max informed.

Lucas nodded his head in agreement with her although Dustin raised his eyebrows like he thought of something.

"It is possible... Eleven could go into people minds, maybe she taught Valerie too."