chapter one

𝐢

𝐢.

𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

VALERIE NUEVE WAS EXTREMELY FREAKING IRRITATED. An 7 hour ride with her older brother had been ever worse than the entire month she spent in Virginia.

"Welcome to your life! There's no turning back! Even while we sleep! We will find you!" Soul sung at the top of his lungs.

A new generation drop top car pulled beside them, a bunch of girls rolling down their windows to wave flirtatiously.

"Hey ladies." Her brother winked back at them, shooting them his "imfamous" smile as he called it.

"Gag me with a freaking spoon." Valerie muttered, using her telekinesis to make him step on the gas, speeding pass the red light.

"Hey!" Soul turned around in his seat. "Have you learned nothing from our month Veronica? Don't-

"Don't use your powers for anything other than an emergency, yeah I know." She finished for him.

"But your horrible flirting was causing me to die, which is an emergency."

He rolled his eyes. "I'll make sure to cockblock you when you reunite with your mikey pooh."

"There will be no cockblocking, i'm fourteen perv." Valerie reminded.

"Whatever you say..."

...

"YOU'RE SERIOUSLY NOT GONNA HELP ME CARRY THIS heavy ass box?" Valerie complained, her weak arms wiggling like noodles as she attempted to carry it.

Her brother inhaled the smoke coming from the cigarette, grinning at their neighbor who happen to hang laundry in short-shorts.