chapter nine

𝐢𝐱

𝐢𝐱.

 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬

𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬

THE CREW HAD BEEN ON A WALK SINCE ELEVEN AGREED TO take them to the upside down gate. Valerie thought she was acting a little weird but she didn't say anything.

"How much further?" Lucas asked to his friend holding the compass in his hand.

"I don't know. These only tell direction, not distance. You really need to learn more about compasses. I'm just saying." Dustin shrugged.

"How do we know when we get to the gate?"

"Uh, I think a portal to another dimension is gonna be pretty obvious." The henderson-boy snickered. Lucas sighed, looking back at Eleven, Valerie and Mike who were walking beside each other.

"Do you think she's acting weird?" The sinclair-boy asked, skeptical about Els actual intentions.

"You're asking if the weirdo is acting weird?"

Lucas turned to his with an annoyed expression. "I mean, weirder than normal?" He explained.

Dustin was confused why he cared so much about the buzz-cut girl.

"I don't know. Who cares?" He shrugged again.

"Are you ever gonna tell me what happened back there?" Mike wondered, turning to the nueve-girl who was holding Elevens hand.

She furrowed her eyebrows, showing she was unable to see what he was talking about.

The wheeler-boy rolled his eyes, "Back in the school, you were like stuck."

Valerie sighed uncomfortably her feet were hurting from walking.

"I don't know, I just froze I guess, It was like PTSD y'know." She answered.