chapter two

𝐢𝐢

𝐢𝐢.

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

ON HER WAY OUT THE BATHROOM SHE HEARD HER friends voices outside the principals office, instantly getting defensive.

"What ever happened I had no part in it, I swear!"

Lucas scoffed and yanked her hands that were up like she was getting arrested down. "We're not in trouble idiot.

Valerie snapped her mouth shut embarrassedly, squeezing between Lucas and Mike on the small seat.

"You were... racing?" Their sheriff reiterated to the group of middle-schoolers.

"It was me and him, actually." Dustin corrected.

The sinclair boy added on that his house was first up at the same time but honestly she couldn't understand a thing since they were all speaking together.

"Shut up!"

The boys widened their eyes sinking into the couch with closed mouths.

"You. You said he takes... what?" Hopper questioned pointing to Mike.

"He takes Mirkwood with Val." He answered, glancing to Valerie who was staring at the ceiling boredly.

Hopper look between the friends with knitted eyebrows. "Who's val?"

Valerie eventually snapped out her daydream, scrunching her face when she seen everyone looking at her.

"Who's val? Wait i'm val!" She exclaimed with a wide smile that dropped quickly when Hopper glared her.

He was starting to think she was mentally slow, but he bit his tongue and rolled his eyes.