chapter sixteen

xvi

xvi.

 suicide mission

suicide mission

THE SILENCE IN THE LIVING ROOM WAS EATING VALERIE UP. No one said a single word after the break up between the two.

The mage sat with her head down, bouncing her leg to calm her raging anxiety that was rising until she couldn't take it anymore.

She sat up from the sofa and rushed out of the trailer, hot tears streaming down her face.

Mike was the love of her life, he made her genuinely feel like everything would be okay when deep down she knew it wouldn't be. Now he was just another thing that Vecna took away from her.

"Valerie." Steve called out, closing the front door after him so no one else could hear there conversation.

She turned her back to face him, wiping underneath her eyes. "Steve, i'm fine. I just needed some air."

Her brother stepped up to her with empathy written all over his face, he put his hand on her arm for comfort.

"I'm so sorry you're going through this, you don't deserve any of this." He sighed.

"Everyone keeps saying that but everything happens for a reason, right? If I would've just... died. None of you would have to come down with me. Max wouldn't be one of Vecna's victims, Eddie wouldn't be framed for murder and Nancy wouldn't have to see her whole family die." His sister ranted on.

"Then we wouldn't have you, we probably would've died from the Mind Flayer or something, Mike wouldn't have an amazing girlfriend, and what about Lucas, Max, Dustin, Will? They wouldn't have a best friend and I wouldn't have the best sister in the world." Steve argued, trying to his best to fight the tears that welded in his eyes.