chapter twelve

𝐱𝐢𝐢

𝐱𝐢𝐢.

𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞

"DUSTIN, YOU ARE A GODDAMN EINSTEIN—

EDDIE'S VOICE came through the radio as they were hiding from the cops. Valerie hurriedly shut it off with her magic and set him a irritated glare.

"We can't let 'em find eddie."

Max pushed herself up confusing the three of themz

"Max? What are you doing?" Valerie whispered-shouted looking at her with panicked eyes.

She smiled assuringly to her before yelling out, "Hey, officers! Over here! I found the killer! This way!"

They all got up from the ground and ran as fast as could but unfortunately it wasn't fast enough because they got caught by the cops seconds letter.

The ride to the Wheelers house was extremely nerve racking, they didn't speak to each other and just stared at nothing.

"What exactly were you all doing at the lake?" Chief Powell questioned the teens.

"Uh—

"It's comp—

"We were... we were going for a walk." Dustin lied.

"A walk. At 9:00 p.m.? To the lake." Callahan restated with confusion.

Valerie never liked him, he was pretty much useless and his sarcasm was annoying.

"We were gonna take a little swim. Little night swim." The henderson-boy squealed.

His mother raised her eyebrows horrifiedly, "Dusty. Someone was just murdered there."