chapter two

𝐢𝐢

𝐢𝐢.

𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

"HERE I BROUGHT YOUR FAVORITE SNACK." MIKE REACHED into his pocket pulling out a bag of skittles.

"Oh, i'm not hungry." Valerie responded a little too quickly, staring ahead at the large screen.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Okay..."

Thankfully for her the movie was beginning to start and everyone sat excitedly in there seat, smiling.

Not even a minute into the film the power went out- blackness filling the cinema.

Due to PTSD Valerie flinched, feeling a soft hand combine with hers.

"It's okay, i'm right here." Mike whispered in her ear.

It was a little weird to her how the town had a blackout randomly and she knew better to think anything was a coincidence in Hawkins.

Cheers were heard once the movie began to play again. Everyone was happy again. Except for Valerie and Will, who felt a all to familiar cold on there neck.

Her eyes slowly widened- reaching for the back of her cold next in fear.

"Hey." Mike tapped her thigh. "You guys okay?"

They both nodded their heads, leaning in there seats before pretending to pay attention to what was playing.

Will glanced to Val who was already looking at him with a shared expression.

She put her finger to her lips. It was summer, there was no way they had to fight yet again. It was all over.

So she thought.