chapter eighteen

xvii

xvii.

no pulse

no pulse

"DO YOU THINK THATS ENOUGH?" VALERIE ASKED THE RED-HEAD as they stacked up chairs to block the entrance of the room.

Max dropped her chair, turning to her friend. "I hope so." She breathed out.

Just as they went to take a break the chairs disappeared from thin ai .

"Shit."

"What's taking so long?" Mike wondered, rubbing his hand through his hair stressfully.

He looked down at his girlfriend who was still in the trance with her eyes drawn to the back of her head.

"I don't know." Lucas honestly answered.

The two-boys glanced up at the sound of the floor creaking. Jason stood there, his wide eyes connecting with Max and Valerie.

"Jason? You can't be here right now, man." Lucas sat up and put his hands out.

Mike also go up, standing beside his girlfriend in a protective way.

"What the hell have you done?" Jason asked.

"Just listen Jason, is it? You need to leave." Mike warned as he got closer to the girls. He snapped his fingers in front of Valeries face to see if she could see him.

"Don't touch her!" The wheeler-boy snapped, grabbing his arm harshly.

Jason pulled a gun out of his pockets and pointed it at him.

The balloons surrounding them started to pop, blood bursting from out of each of them. Valerie grabbed onto Max's wrist to pull her behind her.