chapter ten

𝐱

𝐱.

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐲

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐲

Flashback

"DON'T YOU THINK YOU'RE OVERREACTING sweetie, she's a baby for heavens fake." The husband of Evelyn Nueve spoke through the phone.

Evelyn locked herself in the room with her son, leaving young valerie in the living room by herself.

"I'm not Harold, that child is the devils daughter, she threw the house phone when I tried calling the adoption office!" She insisted.

Soylon stared at the tv in front of him, changing the channels even though there was no remote, his mother too busy to notice.

"With her mind?" Harold asked.

"Yes!" Evelyn exclaimed. "When are you coming home? I'm afraid even to leave my room!"

Her husband sighed. He really believed her wife was out of her head and he loved her too much to let her go crazy.

"I'll book a train ticket for tonight. Just stay still." He informed.

"Okay, I will."

About two hours passed and they were still in the large old room.

"Mom i'm hungry." Soylano complained, rubbing his flat stomach.

"I know honey, we just have to wait till your dad comes." Evelyn sighed.

The truth was he wasn't really hungry, he just wanted to see his baby sister. He didn't believe she was evil.

"But I think i'm gonna faint if I don't eat mother." He exaggerated.

The older-woman looked to her son- flickering her eyes to the room door before she sat up.