chapter seven

𝐯𝐢𝐢

𝐯𝐢𝐢.

𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

NANCY AND JONATHAN HAD MET UP WITH THE YOUNGER kids to discuss with them what had happened. Turns out another older women was flayed.

"So, there's three." Mike breathed out stressfully.

"That we know of, for all we know he's building an army." Will buffed in.

"Wait." Nancy furrowed her eyebrows. "Am I missing something, who's the third?"

Everyone's head snapped to Valerie who had her head lowered, pulling the loose strings of her jacket.

She looked up at them biting her lip. "My brother."

Her voice was just above a whisper- because if she said it out loud she would be accepting it. She couldn't accept that the only family she had left was gone.

A tension filled silence entered the room, no one knowing where to continue the conversation from.

"We won't let the mind flayer win. I promise. We're gonna help your brother. Both of you." Mike spoke to her and Max.

"Yeah, and how are you gonna do that? Let's be real me and el are the only hope! We have to fix this, like always!" Valerie snapped.

She was tired of always fighting, they were all tired, a person can only take so much pain before they snap.

"That's bull! We all fight together, you just have an advantage because you're- you're-

"I'm what?" She tilted her head. "Go ahead Micheal finish your sentence."

Mike closed his mouth, sucking in a deep breath before staring at her with soft eyes.