Odd Dreams

"Be honest, would you trade us, this entire village, to get your species back?"
.
.
.

"I... don't know..."

"You don't know?"

"I want my family back... and there were so many just... veterans of war and children and good people who didn't deserve... but we've done so much bad... I'd get everyone back, no exceptions... I want my family back."

"So you would let us die for them?"

"I don't want anyone to die..."

"That's not the question."

"Kirby would be gone, he seems to be the only thing that can fight NME..."

"But you get your life back, you go home, pretend this never happened, or maybe make it a little D&D storyline, but inevitably, you grow up, you watch your family pass naturally, and you grow up like you were meant to."

"I shouldn't be given a choice on this, it isn't my life..."

"It is though! Your life, how you live and who with, this is your choice!"

"Why mine?"

"Because I think it's fun to fuck with you."

"It's not my place to make a choice..."

"So you would then? You would let them die to get your life back?"

"..."

"You will respond eventually."

"..."

"I'll give you some time."

————

My eyes slowly open, I wipe at them and crack my back. Weird dream, sucked literally all the energy out of me.

'Please remember that I love you.'

I get up and walk around, I do my usual routine. Everything is slow, and I'm sluggish, and honestly I think I'm falling into a depressive episode. What can you do though? I talk to people, I do what they ask, but by the end of the day I don't remember much. Did I eat today? Did I have breakfast? What was I talking to Tiff about earlier? I'm tired. Maybe I'll do better tomorrow.

————

"How many would you kill?"

"I don't want to hurt anyone."

"You're going to hurt someone. You might as well just..."

"I don't think I can."

"You can, you have before. I've seen it. You've nearly killed Meta Knight."

"That wasn't me."

"Then who?"

"..."

"You remember I love you, right?"

"Yeah."

"Do you love me too?"

"Yes."

"Can you do me a favor?"

"What?"

"Can you kill someone?"

————

Another odd dream, I don't remember it much, but I woke up sweaty, and tired again. I do my regular thing again, but I somehow remember less. Maybe I should start writing things down for myself. I'm trying really hard to remember, or to leave my house. I'm pretty sure I left today, but I don't remember. I hope I'll do better tomorrow.

————

"Could you kill someone?"

"I don't want to."

"I didn't ask if you wanted to, I asked if you could."

"Anybody could."

"Could you kill someone for me?

"I don't know."

"Why not?"

"..."

"Stop shutting down. I want a response. I want a reason."

"..."

"Would you rather have you're planet back? Or let this village keep living."

"The village should keep going."

"Instead of your world? Your species?"

"I don't have a right to choose, so everything should stay as it is."

"Why? Why not be selfish for once?"

"I'm not allowed to."

————

I hate this. I'm so tired. I'm so sore. I can't remember anything. I know I'm doing things, but it's like I'm on auto pilot. I hate not being able to tell what I'm doing. I just want to sleep. But sleep isn't even restful anymore.

"Y/N?" I look down, the voice is foggy, I can't see, everything is blurry. "Are you okay?"

"No. I don't think so." It's all I get out before I walk away. I can tell who it is, but they're still trying to talk to me. But I can't hear them, and I can't stop. I barely feel them grab me, it just gets that staticky feeling of a limb falling asleep. "Huh?" I'm so tired. I feel them drag me off, still talking. I just follow. After a while they stop, and seat me. I think this is med bay. Why am I always here? I'm sat for a while, I feel myself falling asleep, but then I feel static on my shoulder. I look over. I can't see them. "Who?" There's a response, but I can't here. Everything's wrong. Everything is wrong.

————

"Are you okay?"

"No."

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know."

"Is it me?"

"I don't... think so?"

"I'm sorry I'm hurting you. I just wanted to talk to you."

"I know."

"I love you, you know that, right?"

"I do."

"I'm not doing this on purpose."

"I know."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too. I love you."

"I'll see you another day."

————

Tired, and heavy, and warm, and wrong. And everything is wrong. I can't even open my eyes. But there's a cool feeling on my head.

"Y/N?" I can't open my eyes, but I turn to the voice. "You have a fever. Do you feel alright?"

"I'm sorry." It's all I can manage. I wish I could say more. I wish I could cry to them and say I'm sorry. I never should have done it. I love you, I should've listened to you. I didn't though. I got you hurt, and I'm sorry.

"It'll be okay. Promise." I can only hum.