Volume 23: Bonds

Suguha: you were giving me a chance...that's what I thought. But I'd never known this would happened. I wish you'd never met me. If you had. I wouldn't have realized my feelings for you...or been sad to learn about Asuna...or fallen in love with Kitsune instead of you!!

Yami: Suguha...I'm...sorry...I wanted to...make...you...happy...

Suguha: just...leave me alone...

She closes the door.

Kazuto: Ever since then, I couldn't make sense of the distance I felt from my family. "I'm not a true child of this family." I learned this when I was ten years old. "Who is she really?" "Can I honestly say I know her?" Maybe that strange feeling of not fitting in one of the things that drive me to online gaming. An artificial world, where no one really knows anything about each other. I immersed myself in that comfortable world.

Then he had flashbacks from the two years of SAO.

Kazuto: but my two years in SAO led me to a certain truth. There's not meaningful difference between a real and virtual world. It's pointless to ask anyone who they really are. All you can do is accept and believe in them. Because whoever they are in your mind is their true identity. When I returned to the real world and saw Sugu's face, I was happy from the bottom of my heart. But when Yami arrived that feeling grew, I was able to bond with him. He's the strong guy but seeing him so exposed like mean it hurts that he felt pain, sadness and regret. He wants to save everyone and have them be happy.

Then Yami was now back to normal.

Yami: We'll wait for you in Arun on the north terrace.

Then they left and went back to the game.

Suguha: after I said such horrible things...you're really strong, Yami. But I can't be that strong. Back then, I told you to do your best, not to give up. But now, I can't stop crying.

She looks at her AmuSphere and logs back in.

Leafa*inhale/exhale* but what can I say?

Recon: Leafa!!

Leafa: huh?

He was in front of her.

Recon: I've been looking everywhere for you, Leafa.

Leafa: R-Recon? Didn't the Salamanders catch you?

Recon: I poisoned them all and escaped.

Leafa: poisoned them?

Recon: and then I followed you. Hey, where is that Spriggan and the Half demon?

Leafa: well..well, you see...I said something mean to them...something I shouldn't have say. I'm an idiot. I'm sorry for saying weird stuff. I won't be seeing them anymore so let's go back to Sylvain.

Recon: Leafa...

He ran down, stops her and grabs her hands.

Recon: Leafa!! You can't cry, Leafa!!

Leafa: wh-what?

Recon: if you aren't smiling, you aren't really Leafa. I....I'll always stay with you!! I'll never leave you alone, here or in the real world!!