Volume 97: Museum of Vanity Part One

(5/15 Sunday, Daytime, Raining)

So the group walked in the art exhibit but Morgana felt a bit uncomfortable with many people around the place.

Morgana: so crowded...

Ryuji: It'll be a pain in the ass if someone sees you, so don't stick your head out too much, all right?

Then Yusuke arrives.

Yusuke: you came!!

Ann: um... yeah.

Yusuke: you really came.

Ryuji: what'd you expect when you left us those tickets!?

Yusuke: make sure that you don't get in the way of the other visitors. Come now. I'll show you around. I'd like to speak more about the picture I'd like to draw too.

Ann: well, see you guys later.

The two left as Morgana began to freak out.

Morgana: will Lady Ann be all right!? What if he drags her behind some painting and tried something funny?

Ryuji: I told you not to come out!! Are we really "appreciate" the fine arts? Can't we just go home?

Ren: We should look around and learn more about Madarame and if he has something hiding.

Ryuji: I guess we should do a quick pass through it once...Uh... which way are we supposed to start?

So they walked for a bit until they saw the old man from the other day.

Ryuji: it's that old man from the other day.

Interviewer: we continue to be truly surprised by your imagination. You have such expansive styles, it's hard to believe that it all stems from one person... Where in the world does all your inspiration come from?

Madarame: well... it is rather difficult to put into words... They naturally well up from within my heart like bubbles rising one after another in the spring.

Interviewer: Naturally, you say?

Madarame: what's important is to distance oneself from worldly desires such a money and fame. My atelier is a modest shack, but it is more than enough to pursue true beauty.

Ryuji: a shack?

Interviewer: I see... So the act of emptying one's mind gives rise to inner beauty. Still to think we could hear the word "shack" coming from the great artist Madarame.

Madarame: you would understand if you saw it. Hahahaha..

Ryuji: wasn't the word "shack" something...

(Meanwhile)

Ann: I didn't know there were many types of Japanese art.

Yusuke: Usually one concentrates on their own styles. However, Sensei creates all this by himself. He's special.

Madarame: there you are, Yusuke.

Yusuke: Sensei!!

Madarame: ah, the girl from yesterday. Are you enjoying the exhibit?

Ann: I don't know how to put it in words...bur it's really amazing.

Madarame: you're sensing something from the artwork... that alone is enough to give us artists satisfaction. I hope this becomes a wonderful piece, Yusuke. Well then, if you excuse me.

He walks away as Ann spoke to Yusuke.

Ann: you'd imagine artists would be difficult to approach... but he seems really friendly.