Volume 92: Observer Vs Angel of Death

Without warning, iridescent film surrounded the two dragons. It was like a giant soap bubble had formed around them. But the dragons were not alarmed; they folded their wings, tucked in their heads, and rolled into balls.

The rainbow orb slowly descended directly over Alice. She was so stunned that she nearly forgot to breathe.

And then something very strange happened. The enormous rainbow-tinted bodies of Amayori and Takiguri began to shrink. No, not shrink- they were getting youthful, growing in reverse.

Sharp talons rounded. Thick, hard scales reverted into soft, downy growths. Their tails and necks shrank, and smaller wings sprouted fine hair.

By the time they came down to Alice's outstretched arms, the dragons were less than fifty cens in size. Takiguri was covered in white pelt with a bluish tint, its eyes closed in peaceful sleep. And Amayori was like a green ball of fluff, the same way as when she'd first met it at Central Cathedral. The little dragon looked right at Alice, opened its jaws to expose teeth like little pearls, and trilled, "Kyuru!!"

Alice: Ama...yori...

Alice gasped. Tears trickled down her cheeks and sparkled as they bounced off the dragon's soft, feathery hide.

The rainbow film surrounding the two infant dragons grew brighter, all at once. The sensation of soft feathers on Alice's arms turned to smooth hardness. After a few blinks, she realized that she was cradling two large eggs. The silvery eggs shrank smaller and smaller, until they were capable of resting side by side in the palm of her hand, and the rainbow glow around them faded at last.

As she nestled the eggs against her cheek, Alice tried to interpret what had just happened. Kirito must have determined that the maximum value of Amayori's and Takiguri's lives was so great that sacred arts alone could not restore it. So instead, he shrank that maximum value as small as it could go- effectively returning them to their embryonic egg form and preventing them from reaching death.

Alice: Thank you... Yami, Kirito.

She whispered tearily. She had no idea which of the boy actually used his Incarnation since her emotions were all over the place because of what had transpired today.

Yami: Let me take it over from here.

Yami said, facing the enemy still. Sparks crackled here and there in empty space, as if the world itself was unable to withstand the pressure of the three massive sources of competing Incarnation. She felt something even greater before but actually seeing it was unbelievable.

Alice: Yami.....

From very close by, two voices said something,

????: It'll be all right, Alice.

????: Let's go, Alice.

She spun around to see a real worlder standing near her in pearly white armour, the boy she saw a family, with and another real worlder standing in her long blue skirt with a short top over her upper body.

Alice: Asuna... Eugeo... Sachi.

The short flaxen boy reached one of his arms toward Alice and said.

Eugeo: Let's put our trust in Yami. We need to rush to the World's End Altar.

Kirito: yeah seems he wants the action and let him take the rest.

Alice rushed into their arms, it was a long day and she needed to be in their embrace no matter how she looked. Everyone wrapped their arms around her.

Asuna and Sachi smiled at the sight, Asuna pulled her rapier from her side and pointed it up at the floating island above them.

Suddenly, there was a booming angelic chorus- Laaaaaaaaa!- just like the one Asuna and Sachi had heard during the Dark Army's ambush last night. A rainbow of light fell directly downward onto the gray desert from the sky.