Chapter 7

FUCKING HELL. This is how I would describe my first week. I had to go almost every day to The Outset offices. I tried to avoid Scarlett as much as I could, but sometimes it was  impossible.

As I was finishing the final details of what would be the expansion of The Outset offices, a soft knock on my door interrupted me.

"Alex, someone came to see you" Emily said causing me to look up from my computer.

"Hi beautiful" Victoria greeted me with a huge smile.

"Hi babe" I said getting up from my chair. I walked up to her and kissed her quickly "What is the reason for this surprise?" I asked after breaking the kiss from her.

"I was in the area and I wanted to see if you wanted to have lunch with me" She said with a smile showing me the Chinese food.

"You saved my life. I was starving" I said kissing her again.

She and I settled on the couch in my office to start eating.

"How is your project going?" She asked interested.

"It is going well. Now I'm just fine-tuning the details and then I have to go to Kate's office to show her"

After lunch with Vi and finishing the project, I drove to The Outset building.

"Welcome, Miss Marchetti" A secretary said when she saw me enter the lobby.

"Hi, I'm here to see Kate Foster" I said with a smile. The girl nodded and I continued to the elevator.

"Alex, please come in" Kate said when she saw me at the door of her office "Do you want something to drink?"

"Coffee is fine. Thank you Kate" I said kindly.

"Tell me, what do you have to show me?" She said sitting back behind her desk.

I showed Kate the plans that I already had finished, along with some 3D images of what the final product of the project would look like.

"I'm already loving it. Wait till Scarlett sees it." Kate said.

"Wait till Scarlett sees what?" Scarlett asked from the doorway. SHIT.

"Alex was showing me what the enlargement would be." Kate replied with a smile.

"Can I see it too?" A male voice asked.

I looked at Kate and she looked at me with a sad look. I turned around slowly and I could see Scarlett next to a man.

"Hello, I think we hadn't had the pleasure of meeting" He said smiling as he stretched out his hand "I'm Colin Jost... Scarlett's husband" He said again with a mocking face.

Son of a bitch. He is doing it on purpose.

"Alex" I said looking at him with disgust without taking the hand that he had offered me.

"Okay" He said removing it while he laughed. The tension in the air could cut through anything. I could notice that asshole caressing Scarlett on purpose in front of me.

"So, what are you going to show me?" Scarlett asked to try to calm the atmosphere.

Kate and I explained each of the details to Scarlett and I swear that while I was talking I could feel an intense gaze fixed on me and not exactly from Scarlett since she had her eyes glued on my computer screen.

"It will be great Alex" Scarlett said giving me a smile "When can you start?"

"Well, we will most likely start at the beginning of September" I replied calmly "Obviously if that date is fine with you and..." I was abruptly cut off.