Chapter 48

Scarlett POV

A week has passed since the incident with that bitch and the change that Alex has had, has been noticeable and not only by me.

Her mood is different, she is more down, she spends day and night in her office and she comes home when I am already asleep.

Today Lizzie is coming to lunch with the twins and I asked her to please talk to her.

I woke up a few minutes ago and when I turned to see if Alex was still by my side I was surprised to see her.

I approached her and began to leave soft kisses on her neck since I had woken up a little horny.

Little by little she began to wake up.

"Scar" She said in her raspy morning voice.

"Yes, baby?" I asked continued with my kisses.

"Can you stop?" She said in a sad tone "I'm not in the mood"

I stopped immediately and raised myself a little to look at her.

Alex was looking at the wall and I noticed that she was frowning.

"Alex..." I tried to say but she cut me off.

"I have to get up" She said quickly getting out of bed and walking towards the bathroom.

I sighed as Alex closed the door behind her.

Lizzie and the twins arrived around 12 noon just as my mom picked up Rose.

"And how bad is she?" Ashley asked.

"She won't even let me touch her" I said running my hand through my hair "She feels very guilty about what happened"

"I can't believe this happened to her" MK said annoyed "They should take away that bitch's license"

"Where is Alex?" Lizzie asked.

"In her office" I answered sadly "Her days off if she doesn't help me with Matteo and Rose, she stays in her office"

Lizzie nodded and got up from the couch.

Lizzie POV

She walked towards Alex's office and quickly entered without knocking on the door.

"I'm busy" She said without looking up from her computer.

"I don't give a fuck" I said annoyed "You're going to listen to me"

She raised her head and I could see the bags she had under her eyes.

"How long have you not slept?" I asked sad.

"Since... You know" She replied, taking her eyes back to the computer.

"Scarlett knows?" I asked approaching her.

"No, I don't want to worry her anymore" She replied softly.

"Alex, this isn't right" I said, pulling a chair next to her "You're not alone in this and you know it. You have a woman who loves you and that she is willing to help in everything you need and you have your friends and family "

"I don't want to talk about it" She said frowning "I want to stop remembering that"

"That's the thing Alex, that thing ain't going away if you don't talk about it and get it off your chest" I said taking her hand "I know it's hard and..."

"No, you don't know" She replied, looking at me seriously "You don't know what I'm feeling"

"Then talk to me, tell me how you feel" I said softly.