Chapter 44

Scarlett POV

We are at the beginning of May and our beautiful baby is already four months old.

But that is not all.

Alex has been distant and when I ask her what's going on she gets nervous.

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not going to lie to you by telling you that I don't have a bad feeling, because yes, I do.

Despite everything Alex convinced me to take a few days for ourselves and now we are in the beautiful villa of her grandparents in Tuscany.

I missed coming here so much and when her grandparents saw me it was as if our breakup with Alex had never existed.

You will wonder... Scarlett, where is Matteo and Rose?

Well, Rose is with Romain and Matteo is with my mother. Our pediatrician assured Alex that there was nothing wrong with leaving him alone for a couple of days.

As I was telling you...

Alex has been distant and today is one of those days. She is nervous and avoids me at all costs.

It is supposed that this trip was to be able to get closer but it hasn't worked.

I was in a hammock while Alex was stretched out on the grass.

"Babe" I said softly but got no response "Babee"

Nothing.

"ALEXANDRA" I said in a hard tone making her look at me immediately "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing" She replied "It's okay"

"Yes, something is wrong" I said, settling in the hammock to sit down "You've been avoiding me for days and every time I ask you what's going on you get nervous"

"Amore, nothing really happens" She said, sitting down to look at me "I just have a lot on my mind"

"Like what?" I asked curious.

"Work stuff, nothing important" She said, passing her hand over her nose, which indicated to me that she was lying.

Before I could say something she spoke again.

"Let me amend this" She said, kneeling in front of me "Let me do something nice for you as a way of apologizing for my attitude"

"Alex, I don't know" I said hurt by the fact that I knew she was lying to me.

"Please?" She asked pleading.

I ran my hand through my hair letting out a sigh.

"Okay" I replied and she smiled.

"I'll go make the arrangements for tonight" She said, getting up and leaving a kiss on my forehead.

I saw how Alex walked away and I lay back in the hammock.

I took my cell phone and wrote to the only person who could help me at this time.

*Text Messages*

Me:

Liz, I think Alex is cheating on me.

Lizzie's response was immediate.

Lizzie🌷:

What?

Why do you say that?

Me:

Because she has been weird with me for days