Chapter 30

The next morning I slowly opened my eyes trying to get used to the light and when I tried to move I felt a pair of arms hugging me.

I turned my head and saw Rose looking at me shyly.

"Hey, nugget" I said surprised to see her next to me "What are you doing here?"

"My tummy hurts" She said softly "Mom had to pick me up from school"

"Oh, darling" I said getting as comfortable as I could to hug her "Maybe something you ate made you sick"

Rose snuggled closer to my side trying not to hurt me.

"Where is your mom?" I asked the little girl.

"She had a meeting and she said she'd be back for lunch" She answered with a sigh "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, nugget" I replied kindly.

"Who is Lauren?" The little girl asked leaving me stunned "It's that, while you were sleeping your phone rang and I thought it was mom but it was Lauren"

"She's just my doctor, honey" I answered honestly.

When the little girl decided to forget the conversation, I mentally cursed myself.

Three days passed and now I was sitting on the couch in my living room celebrating Lizzie's birthday.

She asked me if she could celebrate it in my apartment since she wanted to celebrate with me and I obviously I said yes.

"How are you doing?" I asked Lizzie who had sat next to me.

"Amazing" She replied giving me a smile "Thanks for letting me celebrate here"

We kept up the conversation and suddenly I saw my beautiful girlfriend approaching me with a frown on her face.

When she was in front of me I tried to say something but she just threw my phone at me and went back to where Chris was to continue their conversation.

"What was that?" Lizzie asked in surprise.

"I don't know" I answered confused.

I took the cell phone that was on my lap and when the screen lit up I understood everything.

"Oh, you're fucked little sister" Anna said looking over my shoulder.

My phone screen had several message notifications from Lauren. Yes, my doctor.

"Shit" I said muttering.

I looked over to where Scarlett was and saw that she was looking at me with a frown on her face then changing into a smile as she turned to Chris.

I tried to distract myself by having conversations with some of Lizzie's guests but that was impossible.

When everyone left, there was only Scarlett, Lizzie, Robbie, my mom and Anna left in my apartment.

"Do you need help to go to your room?" Robbie asked gently.

"Yes, please" I replied giving him a smile.

When I was already installed, Lizzie entered my room.

"Alex, really thanks for everything" She said giving me a kiss on the cheek "It's a bit late so Robbie and I were leaving now. Everything is clean and tidy"

"Write me when you get home" I said giving her a smile "And Scarlett?" I asked shyly.

"She's in the living room" Lizzie replied "Give her a few minutes"

When they left I felt my phone vibrate again. I picked it up and saw a new message from Lauren.

*Text messages*