Chapter 34

Scarlett POV

I went with Alex to her appointment with the kinesiologist. It hurt me to see how she tried to move her fingers or walk, which caused her a little pain.

"Hey, this is just the beginning" I said kissing her temple.

"Alex, the good thing about this is that your muscles are fine" Her kinesiologist told her "Now everything has to be left to the therapies and to you of course"

Alex thanked him and returned to the wheelchair.

When we left the office we found ourselves face to face with who I least wanted to meet.

"That bitch" I said muttering.

"Alex, nice to see you" Lauren said with a huge smile as she put her hand on MY girlfriend's shoulder.

"Hi, Doc" Alex replied.

"How was your therapy?" She asked her as if I weren't there.

"It was not what I expected" She replied in a sad tone.

"What are you talking about?" The Doc asked in a worried tone.

"It took me a long time to walk and I barely managed to move my fingers" Alex replied.

"That's normal, honey" The doctor said, taking Alex's hand.

Wait. What? Did I hear well? Did this bitch just call my girlfriend honey?

"It's the same thing my kinesiologist told me" Alex replied.

"Have faith that you will be able to move normally in a while" Lauren said, caressing Alex's hand. "I have to go. Let me know in advance next time so we can have that coffee you owe me" She said with a smile and then walked away from her.

I guided Alex's chair through the halls until we reached the elevator. When we got in I started to bite my tongue.

"Are you OK?" Alex asked suddenly.

"Mmmh" Was all I could say.

When we got to the car, I continued in complete silence. I could notice Alex from time to time looking at me.

"Scar..." She tried to say when we stop at a red light.

"Can you explain to me why you owe her a coffee?" I asked annoyed without looking at her.

"It's not what you think" She answered nervously.

"Then tell me what the hell it's about, Alexandra" I said angrily.

"She texted me once and she told me that next time we could have a coffee" She said and her response only made me squeeze the handlebars of the car even more.

"And you answered her?" I asked annoyed.

"Umm, yeah" Alex replied.

"God" I said chuckling.

The rest of the way to her apartment was in complete silence. When we got there, I helped her get comfortable on the couch and then I went for Rose.

I decided not to go back to her apartment and go to mine to relax and continue with the search for a house.

I was so focused that I didn't notice that Alex had called me 5 times.

When I took my phone I saw the calls and the number of messages I had from her.

*Text Messages*

Alex❤:

Amore, please.