Chapter 49

"So, Alex" My therapist said "How have you been feeling these past few days?"

"Fine" I answered and I could feel Michelle's intense gaze on me "I don't know how to feel"

"Why's that?" She asked crossing her legs.

"I don't know" I replied with a sigh.

"Have you talked to Scarlett about it?" She asked again and I denied.

"I don't want her to look at me with pity" I said looking out the window.

"Have you noticed that she looks at you with pity?" She asked... Again.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" I asked now.

"It's my job and I'm good at it" She answered making me laugh.

"And you charge a lot" I said also making her laugh.

"Like I said, I'm good at this" She replied grabbing a pencil "Have you run into Lauren?"

"No, but she has called me" I answered frowning.

"And I'm assuming Scarlett doesn't know about that?" She asked even though she knew my answer.

"No, but I know that she somehow knows" I answered softly.

"Do you want to talk about what happened that night?" Michelle asked in a neutral tone "We can start step by step"

"What do you want me to start with?" I asked sighing.

"With what you think you're capable of telling me" She replied "Maybe we can start with how you met first"

"She was my doctor" I started to say "When the issue with Scarlett's ex-husband happened"

"I remember that" Michelle said "How did you start talking?"

"She gave me her number in case I had problems with my knee or my hand" I answered softly "One day I had a problem with Scarlett because of her and we were writing to each other. I asked if she could come to my apartment and then I told her no"

"Why did you tell her to go to your apartment?" Michelle asked writing down in her notebook.

"I really don't know why I did it, but now I regret it" I answered playing with my fingers "Maybe for her that was like I wanted something more"

"Do you feel like you could have opened that door for her to maybe have a chance?" She asked staring at me.

"I think so" I answered frowning "But I always told her that I was with someone"

"And what caused what happened to you?" She asked making me sigh heavily.

"She... She texted me" I answered getting up from my chair "She told me that she needed to talk to me and that it was important"

I started pacing back and forth in the room.

"You went to her apartment" She said and I nodded "What happened next?"

"She was wearing a babydoll and... And I" I tried to say running my hand through my hair "I was shocked"

"Alex, try to breathe" Michelle said looking at me "Take a deep breath and let it go"

I did what she told me and went back to sit on the couch.

"Sorry" I said squeezing the bridge of my nose.

"Don't worry" She said softly "Do you want to continue?"

"Mmm yes" I responded nervously "She started to corner me and put her hand on my crotch, I don't know why I didn't stop her"