Chapter 59

January, 2025

Matteo's first birthday celebration was supposed to be quiet, but Lizzie and Chris being the godparents thought otherwise.

"A piñata, Liz?" I asked looking at the huge dinosaur-shaped piñata that she had in her hands "He can't even hit it"

"It will be fun" She said kissing my cheek.

I went to the kitchen where my parents and Scarlett were preparing some snacks.

"So, do you already know what it will be?" My dad asked excited.

"Yeah, but we won't tell you yet, be patient" Scarlett replied, making my father pout a little.

"Alex" He said looking at me.

"Sorry, she's the boss" I said making them laugh.

"Well said" Scarlett said kissing my cheek.

At the time of singing happy birthday, we were a bit undecided if we would sing it in English or Italian but Scarlett said that the last option was better. Like I told you, she's the boss.

"Tanti auguri a te, Tanti auguri a te" We began to sing while our little one just wanted to put his hand in the cake "Tanti auguri Matteo, E la torta a me!"

He obviously couldn't blow out the candle, so Rose helped him with that.

"Okay, okay" Scar said interrupting while everyone applauded "Alex and I have an announcement"

"Don't tell us you're pregnant" Renner said, pretending to be surprised as we all laughed.

"How did you know?" I asked following his joke.

"Tell us before someone leaves us without cake" Ashley said pointing to Matteo who was with his hand stuck in the cake.

"Okay" Scarlett said caressing her belly "We're going to have a girl"

"I KNEW IT!" Anna yelled excitedly as Lizzie, Dante, Victoria, Ashley and Harry handed her ten dollars.

"Did you bet on what my daughter's sex would be?" I asked in shock.

"Yes and I won" Anna answered while she received the money "A pleasure to do business with you guys"

"I told you that Anna would be a good godmother" I told Scar while I looked at Anna to see her reaction "She would help her doing business"

"Wait, wait..." Anna said looking at us with tears in her eyes "Do you want me to be her godmother?"

"Yeah, I think that's what I was trying to say" I said giving her a smile as she ran quickly towards me throwing herself into my arms.

"Thank you" She said sobbing "I will spoil her a lot"

"Like you ain't doing it already with Rose and Matteo" Scar said making us laugh.

"Who will be the godfather?" My mother-in-law asked.

"Well, we believe that in every relationship there should be someone who is a little calmer than the other person" Scar began to say while he looked at Anna "So we would like Hunter to be her godfather"

"I would love it" Hunter said as he hugged my beautiful wife and then me "Anna will be the one to take her for her first tattoo while I buy her books"

"Since everything is said, who wants cake?" I asked laughing.

"You should better ask, who wants what's left of the cake" Renner said pointing to Matteo.

"God, this child" I said lifting him from his chair "I'll go change his clothes"