Chapter 24 (Part one)

As I said I'm in a good mood, so here is the first part of the chapter.

-----------------------------------------------

Scarlett POV

Today was Rose's presentation. I was very excited and surprised at the same time, because it was weird that she wanted to read a poem in front of so many people.

Upon arriving at her school I met Romain whom I greeted kindly and then entered the auditorium.

When I got there I was surprised to see Lizzie, the twins and Chris.

"What are you doing here?" I asked after greeting them.

"Rose invited us" Chris said with a smile.

"And Robbie?" I asked Lizzie.

"He will be a little late" She answered with a smile "Where's Alex?"

"I talked to her before I left home and she told me that it's a bit difficult for her to be on time" I replied letting out a sigh.

We settled into our seats since whatever this was was about to start.

"Everyone welcome to this new year's talent show" Said the principal leaving me totally confused.

Rose is supposed to read a poem, what does it have to do with a talent show?

I looked at Romain who was sitting next to me and he gave me the same confused look.

"This year we have 9 incredible participants" The principal continued  "We also want to welcome our jury" He said now pointing to the four people who were in the front row and they got up.

"What's going on?" Lizzie asked in a whisper and I just shrugged.

Alex POV

I was backstage with Robbie, Sofia, Harry and Rose. We had our outfits ready for the first act and second act, that is if Rose qualifies. Which I know is going to happen. Robbie, Harry and I had on Hawaiian shirts while Sofia and Rose had on a Hula outfit.

"It's going to be amazing" I said adjusting my bongo drum.

Harry and I would play the bongo drum, Robbie the ukulele, and Sofia would dance with Rose.

"Now we introduce you to... Rose Dauriac" The principal said.

We adjusted our microphones and went on stage.

Scarlett POV

When Rose was named my heart started beating fast. I saw my daughter come up on stage in a Hula outfit and behind her was Harry, Sofia, Robbie and...

"Oh my God" I said with a smile seeing Alex.

There was a silence as they settled in to begin.

"Mahalo nui 'ia ke Ali'i wahine
'O Lili'ulani 'O ka Wohi kū
Ka pipi'o mai o ke ānuenue
Nā waiho'olu'u a hālike 'ole
E nānā nā maka i ke ao malama
Mai Hawai'i ākea i Kaua'i"

They all began to sing together and then the bongo drum that Alex and Harry were holding were heard beating.

"'O Kalākaua he inoa
'O Ka pua mae'ole i ka lā
Ka pua maila i ka mauna
I ke kuahiwi 'o Mauna Kea
Ke 'ā maila i Kīlauea
Mālamalama i Wahinekapu
A ka luna o Uwēkahuna
I ka pali kapu o Ka'auea"

Harry began to sing, Alex and Robbie did the background voices while Rose and Sofia did a choreography that I knew perfectly. My cheeks started to hurt from the huge smile I had.