Chapter 12

Chris, Robbie and Lizzie decided to stay with us to support Scarlett. I got up early the next day and went to the kitchen to start preparing breakfast, when I got there I saw Scarlett, who had already started cooking.

"Good morning" I said yawning.

"Good morning Alex" Scar replied as she handed me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you" I said giving her a smile "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, as much as I could" She said giving me a sad smile "Thanks for letting us stay here"

"You don't have to thank me" I said giving her a hug "I am more than happy to have you here"

"Good morning" Lizzie said walking into the kitchen "Am I interrupting something?" She asked with a mischievous smile.

"No, Lizzie, I was just thanking Alex for her hospitality" Scarlett answered "Would you like some coffee?" She asked and Lizzie nodded.

"When are you going to talk to Kate?" Lizzie asked.

"Actually I wanted to call her now" I replied looking at both of them "I'm going to go to the balcony"

"Nop, I want to listen" Lizzie said making me laugh. I looked at Scarlett to see if she agreed with the idea.

"I don't have a problem with you calling her here" She said assuring me and I nodded.

I took my phone and dialed Kate's number putting my cell phone on speaker.

*Phone call*

"Aleeex, my life, my love, my soul mate" Kate said making me laugh while the two women who were in front of me looked at me confused.

"Hi Kate, how are you?" I asked laughing.

"I'm great actually and you?" She asked excited.

"I'm fine, working hard" I said laughing.

"I'm glad darling. So tell me, why you called me?" She asked curious.

"I need to know if Colin Jost is around" I replied.

"He's not here today... Thank god!" She answered with a sigh "I hate him so much"

"You and me honey" I said making her laugh "Do you know where he is?"

"He traveled to Los Angeles today but he returns tomorrow" She replied "Why so much interest in Jost?"

I looked at Scarlett and she just smiled at me shyly nodding yes with her head.

"Something happened and we need to get Scarlett's things out of the house" I said, and Kate gasped.

"That son of a bitch" Kate said in an annoyed tone "Now I understand why he was in such a bad mood"

"Yep. Scarlett is staying with me so..." I said looking at Scarlett.

"Great, I'm glad that she and her little girl are safe with you" Kate said gently "Look, I know Colin's flight arrives tomorrow at around 10 am. If anything happens, I'll text you"

"I really appreciate it, Kate" I said with a smile.

"Do you need help with something else?" She asked nicely.

"Not for now" I answered quickly "You are the best Kate and again thank you very much"

"Don't worry and please go back to Scarlett, you guys are my favorite couple" She said making me blush "And I can't live knowing that you are no longer together. You are a perfect couple, you complement each other and I know you will make beautiful babies"