Chapter 36

Scarlett POV

Alex and I decided a few days ago that we would live together. Of course, I told her that I didn't want to raise Rose in an apartment so she promised to find a house that would be to our liking.

I know that there will come a point where I will have to pressure Alex so that she decides on a place, since being an architect she is very perfectionist and picky when it comes to looking for a place to live.

But hey, perfectionist or not I love her anyway.

Today, Anna and I decided to have lunch together, since we haven't had time alone.

"How is everything going with your skin care line?" Anna asked taking a sip from her glass of wine.

"Incredible" I answered giving her a smile "We are bringing out new products and the building extension is completely finished"

"I'm glad" She said giving me a smile "It's an amazing skin care line"

Anna and I kept talking and at one point in the conversation I had to go to the bathroom because I wasn't feeling very well.

When I returned to the table I noticed that Anna was looking at me differently.

"What's happening?" I asked as I sat down again.

"How many months are you?" She asked out of nowhere, taking me by surprise.

"I'm not pregnant" I replied giggling.

"Are you sure?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, totally" I answered confidently "I take pills and I haven't stopped tak..."

Shit. My eyes widened as I realized everything.

"When was the last time you took them?" Anna asked with a smile.

"When Alex disappeared" I answered nervously.

"And you didn't take them again" She said taking the words out of my mouth.

"How did you notice?" I asked softly.

"For your weird obsession with peanut butter pickles" She answered laughing "And your mood swings"

"My mouth is watering" I said laughing.

"Alex hasn't noticed anything?" She asked laughing too.

"Nope" I answered "She has only noticed how horny i've been"

"God" Anna said rolling her eyes "Do you have any pregnancy tests at home?"

"No, I'll have to go buy one at the pharmacy" I answered softly "But I would also like to have a blood test to be completely sure"

"Then let's get to work" Anna said and then asked for the bill.

Anna went with me to do a blood test where they told me that my result would be in four hours, so we decided to go buy some pregnancy tests and then go home.

"I'll wait for you outside" Anna said as I entered the bathroom of my room.

After peeing on the five pregnancy tests I had bought, I waited with her.

"Nervous?" She asked taking my hand and I nodded "You are an excellent mother Scarlett and you will do just as well. Believe me, Alex will be more than happy to have a mini you"

"Do you really think Alex will be happy?" I asked nervously.

"The only person she sees herself having a family with is you" Anna replied giving me a smile.

Anna and I jump at the same time when we hear the alarm.

"It's about time" She said squeezing my hand.