Chapter 28

It was finally the day to go back to New York. I was alone in the room, lost in my thoughts remembering everything that had happened. I was with my head on the pillow and since I couldn't see I didn't notice that Scarlett had entered.

"Hey" She said softly pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hey" I said turning my head to where her voice came from.

"How you feel?" She asked shyly.

"The pain is the same" I answered letting out a sigh "But I will survive"

"I'm glad" She said softly.

An awkward silence that I never thought I would have with her invaded the room.

"Are you OK?" I asked breaking the silence and I could hear her letting out a long breath.

"Yes, I'm fine" Scarlett answered.

"Don't lie to me, please" I said softly.

"What do you want me to say?" She asked in a serious tone.

"I want you to tell me how you really feel, Scar" I replied playing with the edge of the sheet.

"I'm... I'm upset, Alex" She said sighing loudly "I'm upset about this whole situation"

"It wasn't my fault" I said sadly.

"Honey, I know. I'm not blaming you" She said sitting next to me "I'm upset with him and I'm afraid that if they don't catch him, he might do something to you again"

"We have to wait" I said tapping my hand near her to see if I could hold her hand.

Scarlett laughed, took my hand in hers and kissed it.

"I love you" She said kissing my hand again.

"I love you too" I said softly "God, how I miss seeing your face, your eyes, your smile, I miss seeing everything about you"

"You'll have to wait a week, baby" She said laughing.

"Kiss me" I said giving her a small smile.

"It will be a pleasure" She said joining her lips with mine.

It was a soft and loving kiss. I brought my good hand up to her cheek to caress it gently. I felt how the heat began to flood my body and before the kiss got hotter someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" I said letting out a sigh which made Scarlett laugh.

"Honey, there are some people who come to see you" I heard my mother say.

"Alex, I don't think you remember us but..." Said a man whose voice I immediately recognized.

"Gary" I said giving him a smile, feeling my eyes fill with tears "is Janice with you?" I asked trying to hold back a sob.

"Yes, honey, I'm here" The woman replied, putting her hand on my leg "We are very happy to know that you are well"

"I owe everything to you" I said softly "God, I would give anything to see your faces"

"It's fine like that, we don't want to dazzle you with our beauty" Gary said making us laugh "How have you been feeling?"

"I'm still in pain, but I'll be fine" I said giving him a small smile "I really don't know how to thank you. You saved my life. If you hadn't found me, I wouldn't be here"

"You don't have to thank us" Janice said and I felt that she had gotten closer to me "I prayed many times that you would wake up and I will continue to do so, so that you recover very well"