Chapter 16

Scarlett POV

A few weeks had passed since all that horrible situation and it was finally October. Alex quickly sold the house and my divorce papers were ready. Colin obviously refuses to sign them, which has me pretty stressed.

I'm back at work, Lizzie and Robbie are back in Los Angeles, and Chris visits us whenever he can. I also moved into a nice and spacious apartment in Greenwich Village. Alex was a little sad that we were moving, but I didn't want to keep invading her space. Besides, we had talked about going slow, and me living with my daughter in her apartment was not going slow and she understood it.

Obviously I miss her, but we have to do this right.

I was in my office with Kate organizing an event that we have tomorrow with The Outset.

"I feel like we're missing something" I whispered in a concerned tone.

"Scarlett, everything is impeccable" Kate said with a smile "You already went through all the details and made the calls to confirm the catering and all that stuff"

"I know, it's just that I feel like I couldn't help you much with this" I said looking at Kate sadly.

"Are you kidding?" Kate asked laughing. "You took care of most of it, so take the credit."

"Okay, okay" I said laughing too.

"Will you come with Alex?" She asked with a playful smile.

"Yeah, she said she'd pick me up" I replied blushing.

"How are things going between you two?" Kate asked sitting in the chair that was on the other side of my desk.

"Good. Slow but good" I replied "I am happy that she is giving me another chance"

"You look happy" Kate said making me smile "I haven't seen you like this in a long time"

"Believe me, I've heard it a lot lately" I said laughing "I just need to do things right if I want her to trust me again"

"And did you get Colin to sign the divorce papers?" She asked worried.

"No, not yet" I sighed "I don't know what else to do. I want to get him out of my life soon and not hear from him again"

"He's an idiot" Kate said in an annoyed tone "After everything he put you through, He should sign those papers without scolding"

"Have we already seen the security issue for the party?" I asked trying to hide my worried tone but Kate obviously noticed.

"Yes, we have guards at all the doors and inside the building" She answered quickly "You don't think he's going to dare to show up, do you? Only those who have an invitation can enter"

"I don't know, Kate" I replied, feeling my stomach tighten "I can expect anything"

"He has contacted you?" She asked and I didn't answer "Scar, you can tell me anything"

My eyes began to fill with tears from one moment to another. I felt Kate get up from her chair and walk towards me kneeling in front of me.

"What happened?" She asked taking my hands.

"I saw him a few days ago" I said with my voice trembling "I was in the supermarket, in the cereal aisle looking for Rose's favorite and I felt a presence next to me. When I turned my head I saw him, he was smiling at me and when I tried to walk away he grabbed me by the arm"

*Flashback*

"Not so fast Scarlett" Colin said taking my arm tightly "Do you think that's the way to greet your husband?"