Chapter 32

"Here we go" I said muttering

Erin looked at me and gestured for me to be calm.

"Miss Machetti, could you tell us what happened the day of you near-fatal accident?" My lawyer asked.

"Yes, of course" I answered loud and clear "I had gone to a work meeting outside of New York and when it was time to return I stopped on the way to eat something. When I got into my car I found Mr. Jost inside" I said looking at him and he smiled "Who threatened me that if I screamed he wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger of the gun I had pointing at my neck" I finished answering the question.

"Your Honor, I have attached evidence from a surveillance camera when Mr. Jost is caught unlocking my client's car and getting into it" Erin said, showing a video on a screen where Colin could be clearly seen "Miss Marchetti, could you tell us what happened after he threatened you?" She asked again.

"He made me drive to a secluded place, it was like an old barn. He immobilized my wrists and when we entered he made me sit on a chair that was in the place" I said letting out a sigh" T-Then he threatened me again that I would not leave that place alive. He took a knife and began to slide the T-tip down my torso" I said nervously with tears in my eyes remembering what had happened.

"Take your time" Erin said softly.

"I'm fine" I said nervously and she nodded.

"And after that?" My lawyer asked again.

"I fainted from the pain I felt. When I woke up again, I noticed that my hand was on a table" I said softly "My fingers separated since he was going to play eeny, meeny, miny, moe with a knife and this is the result of his game" I said raising my injured hand.

"Your Honor, I have attached evidence that may be sensitive to some of the people present" Erin began to show photographs of my torso and hand when it had just been operated on "Continue, please"

"He almost cut off two of my fingers but that was not enough for him" I continued with the information "I vomited from the pain and he put a towel on my face and then threw water on me, which made me start to drown"

I looked at Scarlett and noticed that she had tears in her eyes like the rest of the people who had come to accompany me.

"I passed out again and when I woke up I noticed that I was hanging. Colin started hitting me over and over again like a punching bag. Then he cut the ropes, I fell to the ground and he continued with the beating" I continued saying "The next thing I know is that I was in the trunk of my car, then he positioned me on the driver's side of my car, shot me twice and and then he pushed my car making it fall down a ravine"

"Your Honor, I have attached photographs of my client's injuries and how her car was left" Erin began to say "Also a surveillance video that puts Mr. Jost five minutes from the place"

Erin started showing the images and my eyes filled with tears.

"Do you remember how long you were there?" Erin asked.

"No, I just remember that I woke up, I couldn't see anything and I heard the voice of a man and a woman who were the ones who saved me" I answered softly.

"Alex, did you know Mr. Jost before?" My lawyer asked.

"No, I only met him personally one day when I had to go to Scarlett's office" I answered softly.

"And did you notice anything against you?" She asked again and was interrupted.

"Objection, you honor" Said Jost's lawyer "She's making my client look like he has some kind of problem with her"