Chapter 53 Part I

A/N

That's the song Scarlett enters with☝

------------------------------------

September 14, 2024.

Today is the day.

Today is the day I always dreamed of.

Today is the day in which I will be able to see Scarlett in her beautiful wedding dress walking down the aisle.

Today is the day that I could finally call her my wife.

I was right now in a room in the place where we would get married. I knew Scarlett was already here, since Lizzie stopped by a few moments ago to say hello.

I was looking at myself in the mirror, fixing my shirt, and I smiled when I saw my father approach.

"Nervoso?" He asked as he helps me into my suit jacket. (Nervous?)

"Molto" I replied softly. (Very)

My father stood in front of me and kissed my forehead.

"Sono fiero di te" He said making me smile shyly "Sono orgoglioso della donna che sei diventata, Alexandra". (I'm proud of you) (I'm proud of the woman you've become, Alexandra)

"Non farmi piangere" I said looking up so as not to ruin my makeup. (Don't make me cry)

"Va bene, va bene" he said laughing "Ti amo, tesoro". (Okay, Okay) (I love you, sweetheart)

"Ti amo anch'io, papà" I replied as he hugged me. (I love you too, dad)

We broke apart when we heard a knock on the door. Dante got up to open it and my sister Anna peeked out.

"Posso entrare?" She asked shyly and I nodded. (Can I come in?)

"You look beautiful" I said when I saw her in her bridesmaid dress and she smiled. 

"I brought you this" She said softly.

Anna had in her hands a small boutonniere, which she put on the lapel of my jacket.

"Sono molto felice per te" She said, placing her hands on my cheeks. (I'm very happy for you)

"Grazie, sorella" I answered softly and she kissed my forehead. (Thank you, sister)

"Arrivederci" She said, walking away towards the door. (See you later)

"Dì a Scarlett che la amo e che la vedrò presto" I said making her laugh. (Tell Scarlett that I love her and that I'll see her soon)

Scarlett POV

Finally.

The day that I have been waiting for so long finally arrived.

I feel like my stomach is full of butterflies.

Despite having already been married, I feel like this is completely different.

It must be due to the fact that I will finally marry the love of my life.

I couldn't help but smile when imagining her at the altar.

"Scar..." I heard someone say behind me, taking me out of my thoughts.

"Tell me" I answered softly turning to see Alex's mom in front of me.

"You look beautiful" She said with her bright eyes "I have something for you"

Andrea handed me a blue box and I looked at her confused.

"I suppose you are familiar with the tradition of something new, something old, something borrowed and something blue" She said smiling and I nodded "Seeing that you already bring something new, you only need three things"