Chapter 21

Scarlett POV

These last few days have been incredible with Alex and hes family. I have felt unconditional support from them for what happened before.

Alex and I have been on a couple of dates and they have been amazing. Every time I feel that she and I are closer to each other.

"Shit, shit, shit" I woke up scared. I looked at the time on my cell phone and saw that I was already too late to drop Rose off at school.

I got up as fast as I could, did my morning routine and ran to Rose's room, but before I got there a voice from the kitchen interrupted me.

"Anna already took her to school" Said a soft voice.

I smelled the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. I walked into the kitchen and saw Alex. She came closer to me and kissed me softly.

"Happy birthday, Sweetie" She said breaking the kiss.

"Thanks, honey" I said running my hands around her neck and kissing her again.

"Let's have breakfast" She said kissing my forehead "I went to that bakery in Little Italy that you like so much and bought some croissants"

"Mmmmh" I moaned after taking a bite of the croissant that was in front of me "It's delicious"

"I'm glad you like it" Alex said taking a sip of her coffee "I have something for you"

Alex handed me a small burgundy box. When I opened it I smiled at the beautiful necklace that was inside of it.

"It's Topaz, your birthstone" She said giving me a small smile.

"Alex, it's beautiful" I said quickly kissing her lips "Thank you"

"You can put it directly on the necklace you already have or you can also use the chain that comes underneath" She said showing me that under the pad where the stone was there was a gold chain.

"I think I'll wear it with the chain it comes with" I said softly "Can you help me put it on?"

I threaded the stone through the chain and handed it to Alex to place around my neck.

"Ready" She said kissing the back of my head.

As Alex and I finished eating breakfast, I also started responding to birthday messages and calls from my friends and family.

I was texting Mark Ruffalo since we both have birthdays on the same day when a notification from an unknown number popped up on my screen.

*Text message*

Unknown number:

Happy Birthday, my beautiful wife

I felt my mouth go dry as I realized who the message was from.

I hope this day is wonderful and that we can celebrate it together.

I'm closer than you think, my love.

See you soon.

*End text messages*

I quickly blocked the number and noticed that Alex had approached me.

"Babe, are you ok?" She asked snapping myself out of the trance. I took my phone and showed her the messages. Alex frowned and then put my cell phone on the kitchen table to wrap me in a hug "It's going to be alright"

"Can we not go out today, please?" I asked almost pleadingly and she nodded.

"Whatever you want" She said kissing my temple "If you want we can invite them all to my department"