Chapter 31

In the previous chapter...

*Text messages*

Me:

Typing...

*End text messages*

Three days later.

Nah, I'm kidding.

Present time...

*Text Messages*

Me:

No, it's okay.

It's already quite late.

Dr Lauren Miller👩‍⚕️:

Oh, it's fine.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me.

Good night Alex.

Me:

Good night Lauren.

*End text messages*

The next day...

I was in the living room watching a movie when I felt a pair of arms around my neck.

"I'm sorry" I heard Scarlett say "I don't know what happened to me yesterday"

"Amore, you don't have to apologize" I said taking one of her hands "Come, sit with me"

When Scarlett sat down next to me she nestled her face into my neck.

"Someone is a little needy today" I said laughing.

"I miss you" She said leaving a kiss on my neck.

"Oh amore, I miss you too" I said letting out a sigh when I felt her lips run down my neck "But we can't do anything"

"My hand is useless" She said causing my eyes to open wide.

"Wait, wait, wait" I said surprised "Have you been doing dirty things without me?" I asked pretending to be hurt.

"I'm sorry" She replied giggling.

"Let me know next time" I said making her laugh.

"Can I ask you something?" Scarlett asked placing her hand on my cheek to caress it slowly.

"You can ask me anything, honey" I answered giving her a smile.

"Do you think you can feel something for her?" She asked and I looked at her confused "For your doctor"

"Scar" I said softly.

"Just tell me" She said nervously.

"No baby" I answered kissing the tip of her nose "The only person I want to be with is you and no one else"

Scar smiled and leaned in to kiss me gently. It was a short kiss and when we distanced ourselves something caught my attention.

"What's this?" I asked taking the necklace that I gave her.

"I felt that something else was missing and I decided to buy a medal with the letter of your name to include it in my necklace" She answered giving me the most tender smile.

"I love you" I said looking at her completely in love.

"I love you too, honey" She said quickly kissing my lips "Play the movie so we can watch it together"