POV: You're Aether

It had now been nearly a month since Y/n had broken out of jail and set Monstadt on fire. Though at first Aether couldn't believe that Y/n could do such a thing. But upon further contemplation, he'd realized: yes, she would, why wouldn't she once her friendly ties to Monstadt had been cut off?  A few days after her disappearance, Tartaglia had snuck away at some point when he was sleeping, leaving him alone with Paimon for the first time in ages.

The month had been hard for him, both emotionally and physically. Unsurprisingly, losing the help of two of the best fighters in Teyvat made traveling around much more dangerous. Thankfully, Y/n had forced Aether to constantly go out of his way to connect with each and every single one of the teleport points around the two nations he's explored.

On the Emotional side of things, half a week after two of his comrades had left, Aether had a run into his twin while helping Dainsleif explore a domain. Lumine hadn't been the warm, caring, spitfire of a sister he'd always known. She was colder, crueler now. Determined to achieve her goal no matter the cost. She'd been cryptic in their brief meeting, refusing to reunite with him for good and move on to the next world. 

Thankfully, since then Aether finally got some well-deserved rest. Focusing on getting used to his mostly solo travels and resting before continuing his journey onwards. By now, he was feeling better, though there was still a feeling of loneliness that loomed over him, he knew it was better to try and move on. Though there would certainly be times when he'd almost expect the sarcastic or strange references from Y/n. Or the blood-thirsty teasing of Childe. Hell even listening to the two's constant bickering would help ease the feeling of abandonment. 

Walking along the path blankly not quite listening to Paimon ramble on about her favorite type of cuisine. "Hello? Hey! are you even listening to Paimon?!" She asked accusingly giving the blonde an annoyed look. 

Aether stayed quiet for a moment before Paimon waved her hand in his face, "Aether, what's wrong with you? C'mon Paimon could be saying something super important!" She continued to demand his attention as she continued to float alongside Aether as he walked.

The Traveler seemed to snap out of whatever daze he was in. "Oh, sorry I was spacing out." He mumbled his apologies insincerely. Paimon only humphed, not quite accepting his apology. "Anyways, what were you saying?"

Paimon still seemed a little annoyed as she repeated the gist of what she was saying. "So I was going to ask, which type of food do you like so far?" She asked curiously, looking over at him innocently. 

Aether thought about it for a moment before answering, "Liyue's they've got a lot of variety in their dishes." He answered honestly as they continued to walk along passing the beach which led into Liyue. Apparently, some of the locals had cleared out the hilichurls and slimes as the path was surprisingly safe. 

Paimon nodded in agreement, "Right? Paimon loves Jueyun Chili Chicken!" She said, already drooling over just the mention of the dish.

The man rolled his eyes slightly pointing out, "I think you like any dish as long as you can eat it." with a small smile. Paimon gave him an offended look, however, it was clear she didn't disagree with Aether's statement. 

As the conversation came to a lull he began to daydream some more, not paying too much attention to their surroundings. Though they could've easily teleported to the Harbor, he instead felt like walking, wanting to stretch his legs out and enjoy the beautiful scenery Liyue offered. 

By mid-afternoon, they made it to the Inn.  Not feeling like walking up all the stairs, he just teleported to the top thanks to the teleport point. Going into the lobby area leisurely.

 Being given a friendly greeting by Goldet who stood behind the desk as she always was. "Hello, Traveler! Are you here to stay or for the commission?" She asked, wondering if he had accepted the commission to help out with the staircase